talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-1 Leicester - Tuesday 1st January, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber

I've not done this for a while but I feel like it's due - I'm going to rim one of our players. Ricardo Pereira. He is a fantastic player. He started as quite a mixed bag, with some obvious talent but also caught out a few times defensively, in-particular shambolic in the loss at Arsenal.

But I feel like he's really clicked for us now and he's becoming not far off our best player. Can play at right back or on either wing and is probably our best player in all three positions. One hell of an engine, skilful, quick, quality in his game. Our best signing this summer for me and we will do well to hang onto him this one if he keeps this up.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dan said:

I've not done this for a while but I feel like it's due - I'm going to rim one of our players. Ricardo Pereira. He is a fantastic player. He started as quite a mixed bag, with some obvious talent but also caught out a few times defensively, in-particular shambolic in the loss at Arsenal.

But I feel like he's really clicked for us now and he's becoming not far off our best player. Can play at right back or on either wing and is probably our best player in all three positions. One hell of an engine, skilful, quick, quality in his game. Our best signing this summer for me and we will do well to hang onto him this one if he keeps this up.

When I first saw him this season I thought he was class, he has been whenever I’ve seen him. Saw one game where he got proper exposed so wasn’t sure if I was talking too soon but seems like he’s carried on, how old is he. Fair play to whoever signed him.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Danny said:

When I first saw him this season I thought he was class, he has been whenever I’ve seen him. Saw one game where he got proper exposed so wasn’t sure if I was talking too soon but seems like he’s carried on, how old is he. Fair play to whoever signed him.

He was always obviously talented but he seemed to really struggle defensively at times, positioning was a bit off and players seemed to walk past him easily but they look to me to have been teething problems, he looks properly settled now and he's looking like one of the best right backs in the league - and before I'm shot down for that, I had a Chelsea fan tell me last week "I'd kill for your full backs", you've frequently got Storts blasting Trippier, is Bellerin really that good? Dalot who Man Utd signed was behind Ricardo last season at Porto. He's one in our side who I think would get into the majority of teams in this league.

Fully expect him to go to bits now I've put this xD

25 years old and this one is on Puel. He worked with him at Nice. Got him snapped up almost immediately after the end of last season. Puel has to take a lot of credit on this one, as well as the development of Chilwell.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

He was always obviously talented but he seemed to really struggle defensively at times, positioning was a bit off and players seemed to walk past him easily but they look to me to have been teething problems, he looks properly settled now and he's looking like one of the best right backs in the league - and before I'm shot down for that, I had a Chelsea fan tell me last week "I'd kill for your full backs", you've frequently got Storts blasting Trippier, is Bellerin really that good? Dalot who Man Utd signed was behind Ricardo last season at Porto. He's one in our side who I think would get into the majority of teams in this league.

Fully expect him to go to bits now I've put this xD

25 years old and this one is on Puel. He worked with him at Nice. Got him snapped up almost immediately after the end of last season. Puel has to take a lot of credit on this one, as well as the development of Chilwell.

Bellerin is pretty meh, like most of Arsenal’s defenders he can’t defend well.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived