talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NBA

football forum

My fiancé's a big Warriors fan. I'm supposed to be, but honestly, I'm kind of bored of them and I find that Steph Curry has a punchable face. But I guess it's nice having the side I predominantly watch in basketball be the side to beat. Certainly better than shitting yourself.

Playoff basketball is where the sport really gets good as a viewer imo. But only when the games are close.

Has basketball always been like it is now, where there's at least one super team?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't properly followed basketball for a couple years now - mostly because ESPN is very inconsistent with it in South America. However, I am really keen on it this year because my team the Toronto Raptors are back in the conference final not facing a team with Lebron in it this time. I still remember last time we gave the Cavs a good go but a team with Lebron in it was always going to be tough to beat. This time it's Giannis, who is still very good but not quite the same.

Also, as much as I love DeMar DeRozan, whoever decided to get him in a trade for Kawhi Leonard needs to be fired from San Antonio. Criminal they'd let a star like him go so easily.

1 minute ago, José said:

The nba draft coming up has the best top three talent in recent years, led by Mr Zion. 

Yeah - I'm just concerned about RJ, and how his game will transition to the NBA. 

Ja Morant is a machine though. When Bama had to play Murray State this year, he was a one man wrecking crew. 

• 2 weeks later...

Even when Toronto Raptors became decent, I still never thought I'd ever see them in the final. Wow! I am stoked!

Steph Curry could honestly be about to be tossed into lava and could still score 3 points. Bloke just doesn't miss. 

14 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Steph Curry could honestly be about to be tossed into lava and could still score 3 points. Bloke just doesn't miss. 

Fun fact - Steph played Bball at Davidson, the same school where my dad play Football. 

They met at an event about 5 years ago, and Davidson doesn't retire numbers unless you graduate, and since Steph didn't they refuse to retire his number until he completes his degree.

Just now, Grizzly21 said:

The Raptors were gonna get swept, they said :rofl:

If you watch enough NBA, it seemed like it was likely. The Raptors are historically chokers in the playoffs, and the Warriors are incredibly dominant when they get into the playoffs. 

Massive win for Raptors, but there isn't a chance in hell that they win this series. Iggy getting hurt could help the chances of the Raptors, but if there is a chance that KD comes back, Toronto are toast. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

If you watch enough NBA, it seemed like it was likely. The Raptors are historically chokers in the playoffs, and the Warriors are incredibly dominant when they get into the playoffs. 

Massive win for Raptors, but there isn't a chance in hell that they win this series. Iggy getting hurt could help the chances of the Raptors, but if there is a chance that KD comes back, Toronto are toast. 

I've been supporting the Raptors since 2013 and I know all of this. TBH even I thought they would get swept but a win feels good enough to just go out there and make fun of the bandwagoners.

36 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I've been supporting the Raptors since 2013 and I know all of this. TBH even I thought they would get swept but a win feels good enough to just go out there and make fun of the bandwagoners.

Raptors probably have the 3rd or 4th more bandwagoners in the NBA behind GS, LBJ's team, and Celtics. I enjoy watching them, and happy they won a game, but I still prefer GS to win it, especially considering it'll all get blown from in Oakland in the off season. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Raptors go 3-1 up. This is actually a dream. Demar was a great player but not quite the difference maker that Kawhi is. Kawhi is genuinely a superstar, and I felt this when he was at Spurs too. I thought the trade was weird. Masai Ujiri has been the genius behind this run.

The best part is, Kyle Lowry is still on the team. He's not scoring a lot but some of the plays he can dictate are just game changing. However, it's not quite as good as the fact that he's been here since the days when we were still trash. One of the players who were on the team that first qualified for the playoffs in years needed to stick around. Terrence Ross has gone, Demar, Patterson and Valanciunas too. I'm glad he's stuck around. Raptors legend. To think it all started when Rudy Gay was traded back in 2013.

1 more game til glory. I won't be in TO if they win on monday yet, so I won't be a part of the fiesta, but we've got to do it in front of our home fans. Unbelievable that it's 3-1, even I wasn't expecting this! And sorry to say this, but Curry isn't Lebron. Lebron owned us, because he was clutch. Its why we were called Lebronto at one point. Curry scores a lot but he's not able to carry.

On 19/04/2019 at 06:19, Eco said:

Would be nice, but it's not happening. GS just has way too much talent. 

They won last night by 30. 

Reading this thread now, I'm honestly surprised at how much the Durant injury has hurt them. I am seeing a lack of a leader there though, last night the Raptors played a composed game and completely had the Warriors under control. I kind of feel they underestimated Toronto in some ways, but this is professionality.

Big day for us today. However, now we'll see the extent of our abilities with KD back. We'll need Kawhi, Ibaka and Lowry all at their best. Hope to win today, in front of our own fans.

LETS GO RAPTORS!!!

3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Big day for us today. However, now we'll see the extent of our abilities with KD back. We'll need Kawhi, Ibaka and Lowry all at their best. Hope to win today, in front of our own fans.

LETS GO RAPTORS!!!

'us'

'we'

xD

Just now, Eco said:

'us'

'we'

xD

I've been supporting the Raptors since right before Rudy Gay was traded. The only reason you don't know it is because I stopped following basketball when I moved to Peru cos of how inconsistent ESPN is with it. 

Call me a bandwagoner but I was a biiiig fan when I followed basketball properly.

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I've been supporting the Raptors since right before Rudy Gay was traded. The only reason you don't know it is because I stopped following basketball when I moved to Peru cos of how inconsistent ESPN is with it. 

Call me a bandwagoner but I was a biiiig fan when I followed basketball properly.

Fair enough - 

And the only reason NO ONE knows your a Raptors fan is the fact you have never posted in here until the playoff began. xD

I'd like GS to win just so the season isn't over, as I don't really care who wins. 

Just now, Eco said:

Fair enough - 

And the only reason NO ONE knows your a Raptors fan is the fact you have never posted in here until the playoff began. xD

I'd like GS to win just so the season isn't over, as I don't really care who wins. 

Well yeah, because I stopped following basketball.

The only reason I'm watching the finals is because Toronto is in them. I don't care if it was the Leafs in Hockey, or the Blue Jays in Baseball. I only care about the Raptors cos I was an actual fan before.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Seriously, you of all people can't laugh at someone for that mate.

I can laugh at what I want mate.

I'm not exactly showing up in a CL Final between two English clubs saying 'we' now am I? 

3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Well yeah, because I stopped following basketball.

The only reason I'm watching the finals is because Toronto is in them. I don't care if it was the Leafs in Hockey, or the Blue Jays in Baseball. I only care about the Raptors cos I was an actual fan before.

I know I've asked you this, but you aren't moving to Toronto though, no?

Leafs are fun to watch actually...but I don't watch baseball all that much. 

Just now, Eco said:

I know I've asked you this, but you aren't moving to Toronto though, no?

Leafs are fun to watch actually...but I don't watch baseball all that much. 

I've lived in Toronto 12 years, I'm just moving back. Not sure if that was clear.

• The title was changed to NBA

Archived