• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NBA

football forum

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Vanvleet is a madman. 10/11 3 points made on field goal, about to break Klay Thompson's record they said if he hits 4 more. 

He is also headed to DeRozan's franchise record of 52 points. He sits at 37 at the moment :o 

FRANCHISE RECORD!!!

52 points for Freddy, and still 4 left.

12 minutes ago, Mpache said:

FRANCHISE RECORD!!!

52 points for Freddy, and still 4 left.

Incredible performance :congrats:

I just love Fred, got his name on my jersey last year, a true working class hero. Post match interview so good, the man is so humble.

Just such a pity that the fans weren't there to see it, all the Raptors games being played in the States.:(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mpache said:

@Scouse_Mouse

Kyle Lowry is going to the Sixers. Do you like this move?

As a Raptors fan, sad to see him go, but if he leads Philadelphia to a championship, I'd be happy. As long as it's not at the cost of Toronto that is!

I'll be disappointed, I would have liked Lowry to have retired as a Raptor.

Hopefully they get a great deal including young prospects and draft picks.

2 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I'll be disappointed, I would have liked Lowry to have retired as a Raptor.

Hopefully they get a great deal including young prospects and draft picks.

It's either to Lakers or Sixers.

If I were Masai I'd send him to Philly though, because that's where he wants to go and it's kind of a "thank you" for his service here. Similar to when Batistuta left for Roma.

Lakers he'd be guaranteed another ring, but I don't think that's what he wants. I also don't see what options they trade us that would be anything more than "servicable" for us. Schroder would be cool but he's not got the potential Philly's players can provide us.

3 hours ago, Mpache said:

It's either to Lakers or Sixers.

If I were Masai I'd send him to Philly though, because that's where he wants to go and it's kind of a "thank you" for his service here. Similar to when Batistuta left for Roma.

Lakers he'd be guaranteed another ring, but I don't think that's what he wants. I also don't see what options they trade us that would be anything more than "servicable" for us. Schroder would be cool but he's not got the potential Philly's players can provide us.

If Lowry leaves I'm sure Philly would be his choice, they have made moves today though so that's not looking likely now.

I don't think the Raptors are too bothered though, they'd like to keep Kyle but will make the move if the right offer comes along.

1 hour ago, Mpache said:

Norman Powell is gone to Portland :( 

Sorry to see Stormin' Norman go, he was always the most likely to be traded though.

It's hard to believe so many of the team that won the Championship two years ago have already gone.

3:11 p.m.: Kyle Lowry is staying in Toronto. The Raptors will keep their all-star guard and fan favourite, the Star has confirmed.

The Star’s Doug Smith points out that the Raptors keep Lowry’s Bird Rights on a potential trade over the summer to a team without cap room if they want to go in that direction.

Lowry will continue his magical run of nine-plus seasons when the Raptors were among the best and most consistently successful teams in the NBA. They are on a streak of seven straight playoff appearances and won the 2019 NBA championship under the leadership of the Philadelphia native who turned 35 years old Thursday.

One month left.

Dark horses in playoffs for me are Utah Jazz (no one seems to believe in them), Portland TrailBlazers and Phoenix Suns in the west, and Heat in the east. I know Miami reached the final last year, but I still think they are underdogs, and I give them a good chance as they have hit form at the right time.

c2595905f1ae8dc38e842f1e01ed3ec9.png

3e934c9cdede8ae941c85fc43984ee27.png

• 2 months later...

Still can't believe Atlanta are in the Conference Finals.

Currently loses against the Bucks in Game 1, but I don't expect much from the Hawks in this series, and as long as they aren't swept, I'll be happy.

But screw it, Let's go Hawks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Westbrook going to the Lakers. Had a meeting with LeBron and AD at LeBron’s home about how they can all adjust to get the best out out each and put ego’s aside. 

Wow that is some trio.

Archived