talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2020 Pre-Season Testing

football forum

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'll laugh for hours if this is deemed illegal. 

But I'm not sure I understand what (if any) advantages this would have? 

More speed and better stability on the straights by adjusting the toe angle and potentially less tyre consumption due to tyres being heated more evenly as a result.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, nudge said:

@Tommy :4_joy:

Saw that video but with a Williams caption instead of Ferrari. But it does make sense too. xD

Anyway, I'm still excited like a little kid on Christmas with all the testing stuff. Alfa Romeo fastest today. :o 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Anyway, I'm still excited like a little kid on Christmas with all the testing stuff. Alfa Romeo fastest today. :o 

Unfortunately the times and speeds in testing do not account to anything. Just look at Ferrari last year :ph34r:

Kimi also ran out of fuel and had to leave the car on the track haha. 

And yeah; it's good to have it back. Watched the whole 8 hours of it yesterday xD 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Unfortunately the times and speeds in testing do not account to anything. Just look at Ferrari last year :ph34r:

Kimi also ran out of fuel and had to leave the car on the track haha. 

And yeah; it's good to have it back. Watched the whole 8 hours of it yesterday xD 

True, true. But I think it's fair to say that Williams are in a better place right now compared to last year. xD

Do you have an F1 TV account? :o 

I only watched the recaps and highlights on F1's youtube channel so far. Still amazing to see how far they've come in terms of social media since Bernie left. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Do you have an F1 TV account? :o 

I only watched the recaps and highlights on F1's youtube channel so far. Still amazing to see how far they've come in terms of social media since Bernie left. 

I do but sadly not the Pro version which shows the testing and races live as it's not available in either of my countries :( So I just use the Access one for the live timing, data and race replays as well as the archive of races since the 80s. But the stream of testing has been plastered all over the youtube haha; somehow they're not taking them down this time.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

So the steering wheel has been cleared for this season, but goes against the regulations for 2021.

Have to admire  Mercedes ingenuity! Always one step ahead B| 

Just now, nudge said:

Do you still have F1 TV? They stream it on there.

I'm watching a Sky F1 UK stream...

I don't, but I could get it. 

Usually the Sky F1 stream are broadcasted here on ESPN, but not this. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s a pity tribal rivalry spilled over into F1. Innovation is seen as cheating, unless it’s your team.

I don't think it was all that different in the past to be honest; at least when it comes to the teams accusing each other of cheating but the fanbase has gotten a bit too crazy for my liking ever since the rise of internet and social media.  I get that one team's domination always gets boring (it always did) but they are there because they deserve it...

Just now, nudge said:

It's used to visualise airflow around the car! 

It's very cool, and I get the idea behind it. But I have never heard of it before and was shocked when I saw Gio's car covered in it. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

It's very cool, and I get the idea behind it. But I have never heard of it before and was shocked when I saw Gio's car covered in it. 

Have you seen aero rakes yet? Makes the green flow-vis look good xD

1488277131208.jpg?w=1440

9hd2xhaDE6bxNZOCU_VKCxvpD_rtHqhM

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Looks like a good day from Gio and Kvyat. 

Wouldn't pay much attention to the lap times during testing; teams run different programs and have different amounts of fuel etc. It's all about doing as many laps and collecting as much data as possible! Especially now that the pre-season testing has been shortened to just six days instead of the usual eight.

Archived