talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Watford - Saturday 14th December, 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

It is funny to think back on the days when Liverpool would start a game flying, take an apparently comfortable lead, and then fall to pieces the moment one little thing went wrong. 

Now, they have a reputation for pulling wins out their arses. Dont think anyone could have imagined that a few years ago. 

Disgusting isn’t it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Dan said:

Watford's lack of quality in the final third is astounding. What has happened to them?

Lack of confidence surely. When you're at the bottom of the league and not winning for ages the confidence seeps out game by game. It'll click eventually. Almost always does. The only time I think it never has and a team continuously got stuck in that rut for a whole season was Derby over 10 years ago. 

They've shown in one game more than they have all season that they can take a game to an opponent now. Think they'll get off the bottom with Pearson over the next few weeks. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, Stan said:

Lack of confidence surely. When you're at the bottom of the league and not winning for ages the confidence seeps out game by game. It'll click eventually. Almost always does. The only time I think it never has and a team continuously got stuck in that rut for a whole season was Derby over 10 years ago. 

They've shown in one game more than they have all season that they can take a game to an opponent now. Think they'll get off the bottom with Pearson over the next few weeks. 

Doesn't surprise me that they were actually well in the game. Reminded me a hell of a lot of something from 2014/15 Leicester to be honest - in the game, had the chances but couldn't take them, and were punished for just that.

Pearson always had us in games. We were frequently so close. Once we got that one win we just couldn't stop.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

Doesn't surprise me that they were actually well in the game. Reminded me a hell of a lot of something from 2014/15 Leicester to be honest - in the game, had the chances but couldn't take them, and were punished for just that.

Pearson always had us in games. We were frequently so close. Once we got that one win we just couldn't stop.

Is that where they got a penalty after it hit Morgan's face xD 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is that where they got a penalty after it hit Morgan's face xD 

That was that season, wasn't specifically on about that game but yeah that kind of thing - our luck was scandalously bad that season. We had something like 9 incorrect decisions on the spin against us for penalties.

I really hope Pearson keeps them up. To be honest I thought he was done at this level and he may well be after Watford but I still think we're where we are today, in large part because of what he did here. Totally changed the culture of the club.

Archived