• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [30. Spieltag] - 5-7th June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Lewandowski misses from 2 yards out! Doesn't connect properly with a header and Hradecky can save easily. Think it would have been offside anyway.

A lot of people who complain about the background noises need to man up. I can understand why they'd be frustrated at no fans because it does take a lot away from the game from the point of view of someone who wants to watch football (the dullest games in Peru are the ones without fans) but the noises take that away and make it feel a lot more genuine. I've found this Leverkusen vs Bayern an easy watch. Without the noises it would have been a bit tougher.

• Administrator

Lewandowski booked which means he and Plea will be missing from the next game between Gladbach & Bayern. 2 big strikers missing.

3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

A lot of people who complain about the background noises need to man up. I can understand why they'd be frustrated at no fans because it does take a lot away from the game from the point of view of someone who wants to watch football (the dullest games in Peru are the ones without fans) but the noises take that away and make it feel a lot more genuine. I've found this Leverkusen vs Bayern an easy watch. Without the noises it would have been a bit tougher.

Man up? It's not a case of manning up. It's just personal preference for some xD 

For the broadcast here, the crowd noise is fine. Nice addition but it's affecting the actual sounds from the game; thud of the ball, sound of shots taken, blocks made, celebration of goals are slightly delayed. Plus the crowd sounds overlaying the broadcast have referee's whistles in them and that's very annoying!

But hey, maybe I should just man up!

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Man up? It's not a case of manning up. It's just personal preference for some xD 

For the broadcast here, the crowd noise is fine. Nice addition but it's affecting the actual sounds from the game; thud of the ball, sound of shots taken, blocks made, celebration of goals are slightly delayed. Plus the crowd sounds overlaying the broadcast have referee's whistles in them and that's very annoying!

But hey, maybe I should just man up!

I understand that, but do they prefer an empty stadium over this? As someone who watches games in empty stadiums a lot, it does genuinely make a difference in how watchable the game is. When there's no atmosphere I find myself distracting myself a lot easier since it can get very repetitive. Of course, it is personal preference but there's no chance that fans will be allowed in the stadium til at least the end of the season, so this is really the best option for now.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

What are we talking about here? Added fake crowd noises?

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have said "man up". However, if we want football to stay then we're going to have to deal with either no atmosphere or fake crowd noises. The latter at least for me makes it way more watchable.

To a lot of people it's silly to suggest they wouldn't watch football without fans. While I'm not a part of those, I do understand why they think like that.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

What are we talking about here? Added fake crowd noises?

Yeah. BT Sport have added an overlay with crowd noise as part of their broadcast. Not sure what it's like for other broadcasters.

This ref in the Leverkusen game is very card-happy! 5 bookings already.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yeah. BT Sport have added an overlay with crowd noise as part of their broadcast. Not sure what it's like for other broadcasters.

I'm watching on FS1. Not sure if it's the same broadcast though but it feels pretty real to me!

• Administrator

Goretzka scores! Leverkusen take a corner and Bayern break very quickly.

Shot from outside the box is too much for Hradecky to keep out.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have said "man up". However, if we want football to stay then we're going to have to deal with either no atmosphere or fake crowd noises. The latter at least for me makes it way more watchable.

To a lot of people it's silly to suggest they wouldn't watch football without fans. While I'm not a part of those, I do understand why they think like that.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ah, right. Sky Germany has an option for it (alternative audio track). I think it's stupid xD Football without fans is shite, but I personally still rather listen to the sounds of the game and the shouts of players/staff than fake added crowd noises... 

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Ah, right. Sky Germany has an option for it (alternative audio track). I think it's stupid xD Football without fans is shite, but I personally still rather listen to the sounds of the game and the shouts of players/staff than fake added crowd noises... 

It's to deny Bremen's shouts. They're too loud!

Just now, Stan said:

FWIW @nudge I agree. I've got used to the sounds of no crowd and didn't mind it, at all. 

Fair enough, but I have to admit I fully understand why people don't like empty stadiums. In the Peruvian league a few teams play like that and while I do enjoy it, sometimes it does feel like a chore while other games which aren't exciting with fans keep me focused.

1:1 Very eventful first half in Düsseldorf. Two goals, a red card for Hoffenheim and VAR disallowed one of our goals. We're playing really well though, just need to use our chances. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Fair enough, but I have to admit I fully understand why people don't like empty stadiums. In the Peruvian league a few teams play like that and while I do enjoy it, sometimes it does feel like a chore while other games which aren't exciting with fans keep me focused.

I agree, empty stadiums and no atmosphere make most of the games barely watchable for me too. But for me, simulated crowd noise is not a solution either, it just sounds stupid imo. I want a crowd that reacts to the events on the pitch real-time and has discernible chants, not some pre-recorded generic sounds.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived