talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLS Is Back 2020 Final (Portland 2-1 Orlando City SC)

football forum

Just now, Mpache said:

Columbus have probably been the best team so far. And I agree it would be cool, we don't see enough Ohio teams win championships in sport. Cleveland Cavaliers won a few years ago, but I'm not sure about others? NHL they don't win it, and Browns are the laughing stock of the NFL. No idea about MLB though, its the league I pay the least attention to.

Ohio excels in College Sports. Cavs won, and no, Ohio doesn't win the the NFL (Browns and Bengals), nor the NHL (Blue Jackets), or the MLB (Reds used to be good, and Indians are good, but haven't won the championship). 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Ohio excels in College Sports. Cavs won, and no, Ohio doesn't win the the NFL (Browns and Bengals), nor the NHL (Blue Jackets), or the MLB (Reds used to be good, and Indians are good, but haven't won the championship). 

That doesn't surprise me too much. I could be wrong but I feel like Ohio is the starting point of a lot of famous people in the USA, not sure why. Maybe I knew the College Sports deal before but I had forgotten.

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

That doesn't surprise me too much. I could be wrong but I feel like Ohio is the starting point of a lot of famous people in the USA, not sure why. Maybe I knew the College Sports deal before but I had forgotten.

Ohio is bigger in terms of population than people think. 3 big cities in Columbus, Cincy, and Cleveland, and Cleveland is a bit of a shit hole, but CIncy and Columbus are actually fun places. 

My first MLS team were the Crew since my wife is from Columbus, and we would go to 2-3 games a year. That is still a wonderful place to watch a game, as it's the first soccer only stadium  ever in the MLS. 

I'll try to rank each team here.

Philadelphia Union

Solid team. Good young players, and the best goalkeeper in the MLS (Andre Blake). They aren't the greatest on paper but collectively know what they are doing and for me are one of the dark horses in this knockout round.

New England Revolution

Another good team collectively but not very efficient. I reckon Philly will beat them, though you can't rule out a team that has Bou immediately.

Sporting Kansas City

Haven't seen them much so far, but Kansas is always competitive. Especially given they have a good striker like Pulido. Anyways, I have no doubt they will beat Whitecaps.

Vancouver Whitecaps

The worst side maybe in the competition. I'm actually amazed they've made it this far. They have some OK players but they are an imploding side and will definitely go out to Kansas I think.

Toronto FC

In recent years, they've been solid and were the foundation for Toronto becoming a proper sports city in modern times. I reckon they will win their tie. I don't think they'll win it all but they have a chance for sure.

New York City FC

Apparently the favorites according to many, but I don't rate them. They'll give TFC a fight but I don't think they'll make it past this round.

Portland Timbers

Solid side and a dark horse in my opinion. Blanco is a superb talent and anyone with him in the side has game changing capabilities. They'll win their tie for sure.

FC Cincinatti

Cincinnati are better than Whitecaps and definitely better than last year, but I think they've gotten this far thanks to a solid defence. I reckon their luck will run out soon.

Orlando City SC

I've been pleasantly surprised by Orlando. Nani and Mueller have both been pushing this team to a new level. It's hard to say how far they will go, but they definitely have a chance now. Something I couldn't say in previous seasons.

Montreal Impact

On the same note as Cincy or Whitecaps, but a little better. They have more bite in attack. Though I will say I think Thierry Henry is a terrible manager.

Seattle Sounders

If one of Jordan Morris, Raul Ruidiaz or Nicolas Lodeiro show up, they are THE favourites to win the whole thing. They have the biggest game changers and 3 of them. Morris seemed to get his game together in the last game, but we have to see. I think they'll go far.

LAFC

Even without Vela, they look very good. Only weak point is defence, so I don't think they will win. But if they do get past Seattle they certainly have a good shot. Anyways, I think the winner of this tie will go to the final.

San Jose Earthquakes

They have maybe the best manager in the tournament and I think someone like Vako is good enough to change the game completely. Not the best squad otherwise but a solid enough side to be a dark horse. I reckon they'll beat Real Salt Lake.

Real Salt Lake

The only side I know nothing about, but I doubt they're better than SJE

Columbus Crew

Went for a sweep in the groups. Looked worse per game but still showed a really good level. In the groups they've definitely been the best side so far.

Minnesota United

Know as much about it as Sporting Kansas. Decent side that can compete but I wouldn't call them one of the favourites.

• The topic was pinned

Crazy game tonight going on. Houston goes up 1-0 on LAFC, then it's 1-1, then 2-1 Houston, 3-2 Houston, and in the past few minutes LAFC have scored 2 goals for make it 3-3. 

Less than 10 minutes remaining and this game is an absolute goal fest. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Crazy game tonight going on. Houston goes up 1-0 on LAFC, then it's 1-1, then 2-1 Houston, 3-2 Houston, and in the past few minutes LAFC have scored 2 goals for make it 3-3. 

Less than 10 minutes remaining and this game is an absolute goal fest. 

That game was days ago mate xD

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Mpache said:

Well Toronto FC are going to lose. Watch NYCFC win the whole thing now after I made fun of them.

Whitecaps are going out later so thats all 3 Canadian sides out.

Yes it is your fault Brian.

Quarter-Finals Begin tonight, I may actually give this a watch as I need to desperate break from studying. 

THR - Philly vs Sporting KC
FRI - Orlando vs LAFC
SAT -  San Jose vs Minnesota; NYCFC vs Portland

• The title was changed to MLS Is Back 2020 Final (Portland 2-1 Orlando City SC)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived