talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Melvin Bard - Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich are after Lyon's 19 year old left-back Melvin Bard. Bayern have apparently reached an agreement with Bard, but are yet to agree a transfer fee with his club Lyon.

If Bard does officially join Bayern, he will become the sixth Frenchman at the club.

https://www.getfootballnewsgermany.com/2020/bayern-munich-agree-terms-with-melvin-bard-lyon/

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

A move to Bayern, to be or not to be?

Well Eintracht Frankfurt have also been showing interest in Bard, but if Bayern really want him, then he will be going to Munich.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Michael said:

Well Eintracht Frankfurt have also been showing interest in Bard, but if Bayern really want him, then he will be going to Munich.

You missed the Shakespearean pun :P 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You missed the Shakespearean pun :P 

I got the famous phrase from Hamlet, I just thought I'd express my frustration at how Bayern have such a monopoly when it comes to the transfer market in Germany. Really Frankfurt are more in need of a young player like Bard than Bayern are. Bard could actually play some first team football next season at Frankfurt if he joined them, whereas if he joined Bayern, he will be thrown into the Bayern Amateur side in the 3. Liga! :S

Lyon are such a badly run club right now. They've always been a club known for bringing through top youngsters, but at the moment they have a manager who refuses to play them, and are now selling them. Kalulu to Milan, Gouiri to Nice and now Bard to Bayern.

43 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Lyon are such a badly run club right now. They've always been a club known for bringing through top youngsters, but at the moment they have a manager who refuses to play them, and are now selling them. Kalulu to Milan, Gouiri to Nice and now Bard to Bayern.

They've always sold their academy players and made top dinero from that.

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

They've always sold their academy players and made top dinero from that.

Yeah but the difference is they used to be allowed to break into the first team before being sold for big money. Gouiri only started one game last season in the cup and came off the bench for a few minutes a handful of times, then was sold to Nice for 7m. Kalulu and Bard have been given no first team minutes and are being sold for next to nothing.

• 2 months later...
  • The topic was locked

Archived