talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Raised by Wolves (HBO Max)

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Fucking hell.... :o So much in that last episode.. 

It's mad, isn't it?... Really looking forward to Season 2 now...

When I found out that Mother was pregnant, I wanted to jokingly suggest that she was going to give birth to the Xenomorph, thus making the series the prequel to The Alien. Well, wasn't that far off, but still, I for sure didn't expect a flying snake to come out of her mouth instead

xD Nice foreshadowing there with Campion asking Mother if the new baby will be able to fly though xD The CGI on that thing looked pretty poor though, not sure if they ran into any budget issues? 

The religious/creationist undertones in this are unreal, a man, a woman and the serpent in the Garden of Eden, the woman being tricked by the snake, even the landspeeder going through the planet's core was made to look like a sperm fertilising an egg. Quite symbolic, that.

Also it was cool to see that huge atheist ship and the atheist soldiers, will make things more interesting.

So many questions though... Why were the planet's original inhabitants devolving (also the kids have been eating humans, haha)? Who is behind all of it, manipulating people and androids alike, making them go insane in order to reach its goals? Some sort of AI? An alien race? Whatever that entity is, how can it get into people's heads? In case of Mother, it was the simulation pod that corrupted her memory files and made her produce that weird thing inside her, so to me it points towards some sort of AI maybe? That would also explain where the rapist got his ideas from and how it is able to affect Marcus and Paul too, but it wouldn't make sense of why Campion and the androids were seeing/hearing Tally, so there must be another explanation. The weird head in the weird cage surrounded by the hooded figures turned out to be a necromancer too, right? And it was revealed that the Mithraic built necromancers on Earth based on the code found in their scriptures, and all those symbols on the cards were Mithraic symbols as well, does that mean that there was some conflict on Kepler-22 thousands of years ago, and maybe some of the local inhabitants managed to leave and get to Earth and brought the scriptures with them??? Those cave paintings, depicting the huge flying serpent as well as Mother and Father arriving to the planet, was it a prophecy of some kind??? The little hooded dude with the skull of a Neanderthal in his bag tried to kill Mother before she gave birth, so they must have experienced similar things in the past and tried to prevent it? 

I think I will have to rewatch it all again from the very start for more details...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's mad, isn't it?... Really looking forward to Season 2 now...

Reveal hidden contents

When I found out that Mother was pregnant, I wanted to jokingly suggest that she was going to give birth to the Xenomorph, thus making the series the prequel to The Alien. Well, wasn't that far off, but still, I for sure didn't expect a flying snake to come out of her mouth instead

xD Nice foreshadowing there with Campion asking Mother if the new baby will be able to fly though xD The CGI on that thing looked pretty poor though, not sure if they ran into any budget issues? 

The religious/creationist undertones in this are unreal, a man, a woman and the serpent in the Garden of Eden, the woman being tricked by the snake, even the landspeeder going through the planet's core was made to look like a sperm fertilising an egg. Quite symbolic, that.

Also it was cool to see that huge atheist ship and the atheist soldiers, will make things more interesting.

So many questions though... Why were the planet's original inhabitants devolving (also the kids have been eating humans, haha)? Who is behind all of it, manipulating people and androids alike, making them go insane in order to reach its goals? Some sort of AI? An alien race? Whatever that entity is, how can it get into people's heads? In case of Mother, it was the simulation pod that corrupted her memory files and made her produce that weird thing inside her, so to me it points towards some sort of AI maybe? That would also explain where the rapist got his ideas from and how it is able to affect Marcus and Paul too, but it wouldn't make sense of why Campion and the androids were seeing/hearing Tally, so there must be another explanation. The weird head in the weird cage surrounded by the hooded figures turned out to be a necromancer too, right? And it was revealed that the Mithraic built necromancers on Earth based on the code found in their scriptures, and all those symbols on the cards were Mithraic symbols as well, does that mean that there was some conflict on Kepler-22 thousands of years ago, and maybe some of the local inhabitants managed to leave and get to Earth and brought the scriptures with them??? Those cave paintings, depicting the huge flying serpent as well as Mother and Father arriving to the planet, was it a prophecy of some kind??? The little hooded dude with the skull of a Neanderthal in his bag tried to kill Mother before she gave birth, so they must have experienced similar things in the past and tried to prevent it? 

I think I will have to rewatch it all again from the very start for more details...

I would reply but the spoiler tags were not working for me earlier so don't want to risk it... xD You pretty much covered it all in that, so much happening in such a short space of time and so much to try and fathom out... So many questions still.. As you say a re-watch before season 2 starts will be in order

• Subscriber

Okay all caught up on it all and I think @nudge covered it all but here are some things I want to talk about generally 

It was such a weird show that I was left scratching my head about whether the Scott wanted to get his point across about the hate for religion or get everything off his chest that some production studios never let him do. 

It all really does tie back into the Alien universe and that's just evident with how when they open the helmet it looks like an Engineer and I was sitting watching thinking to myself "you dont have a baby you have a xeno-related in your belly" and I wasn't disappointed. I remember the mid-act in Prometheus having those weird snake-like creatures in it and this new snake looks very similar so I wonder if this is all just a tie-in somehow. 

I also figured they'd bring back Mother/Father somehow and the fact that the core spat them out the other side was kinda cool. It's also interesting how the snake has now come out on the other side of the planet and my guess is that it will use the holes to traverse the planet now so we should see more of it in Season 2. 

Marcus losing his mind earlier in the show had me wondering what the true meaning of the prophecy was because all through the show you can sort of figure that either him, Campion or Paul are all going to play some very important part in the later parts of the show as they are all technically orphans.

All-in-all, Scott's fascination with tech fucking over its creators comes to the forefront and I think he wanted to do something like this with David but sadly Covenant never panned out the way he wanted it to and they forced the Xenomorph into that story to get the ball rolling on the Alien universe. 

• Subscriber

Just to add to the conversation, something I read about the show as well.

Whatever is doing all this has protected both Mother and Tempest so its possible that there is a fight there as well when Tempest gives birth and Mother's creation starts causing havoc.

• 7 months later...
  • Subscriber

I binged it last week while I was off, excellent first season. They've built quite the world, its just so crazy but it all works. 

I loved having the "children" juxtaposed with the androids raising them and the for lack of a better word cult raising them. Theres alot going on in the show I see you guys covered a bunch of it. Im with nudge the fucking cgi on the worm was so bad! that was about the only disappointment. I had heard they where filming in Africa so its super weird, you wouldnt think there would be budget constraints so i dont know what went wrong there. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Welcome to the club, @Viva la FCB :D 

Now that you caught up with it all, it's time to start bingeing on Warrior :readthemessage: xD 

One of the best shows that didn't get attention and recognition it deserves. 

I think its Mandolorian time first but Il keep that one in my pocket xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

I think its Mandolorian time first but Il keep that one in my pocket xD

Wait WHAT??? You haven't watched The Mandalorian yet??? :censored:

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived