The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-1 Sheff Utd - Saturday 24th October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just watching highlights. 

Liverpool seemed fortunate not to go behind further before their goal. Definitely miss the presence and organisation of Van Dijk. 

How come the handball by Robertson wasn't given? MOTD commentator mentioned there's been a change in the application to the handball rule. Other than the sleeve thing has there been another change? For the Sheff Utd penalty it looks like they'd have been hard done by because Fabinho just about gets a touch on the ball. You'd think that's something VAR would check - location of the foul but before that is it even a foul in the first place :what:

Salah's offside goal was sensational, shame that had to be disallowed but it was correct decision. 

Jota will be such a key player for Liverpool. Quality in depth might be the difference between some clubs and Liverpool surely have that.

Sheff Utd did well but this wouldn't have been a game they'd be expected to win. Their kit is disgusting too. 

The co-commentator on my stream mentioned something about the expected position of the arm. Of course this is still entirely subjective but the fact Robertson is simply running along in that incident I assume his arm is in its expected position and he certainly didn't have time to react

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The co-commentator on my stream mentioned something about the expected position of the arm. Of course this is still entirely subjective but the fact Robertson is simply running along in that incident I assume his arm is in its expected position and he certainly didn't have time to react

I'd be genuinely curious as to seeing how that translates across other matches. I genuinely hadn't heard of that rule before this game/incident. Not a Liverpool slant, just genuinely want to know if that phrase comes about again in similar instances. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd be genuinely curious as to seeing how that translates across other matches. I genuinely hadn't heard of that rule before this game/incident. Not a Liverpool slant, just genuinely want to know if that phrase comes about again in similar instances. 

Came in from the fourth game:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1849937

Archived