talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 1-3 Man Utd - Sunday 9th May, 2021

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Ollie Watkins finally sent off for diving. Imagine my shock.

Only 3 years too late.

I couldn't care less if Henderson feather tickled his knee to be honest. The rules need adapting so that it doesn't benefit simulation.

For about 60% of penalties there isn't enough contact for the player to fall and for about half of them the player looks for contact. Might as well be playing netball when you enter the penalty area.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I couldn't care less if Henderson feather tickled his knee to be honest. The rules need adapting so that it doesn't benefit simulation.

For about 60% of penalties there isn't enough contact for the player to fall and for about half of them the player looks for contact. Might as well be playing netball when you enter the penalty area.

I know exactly where you're coming from.

It's because, and let's be frank about this, they are all told these days to go down under the slightest touch by management.

The faith in referee's is no longer there, managers are always complaining of missed penalties or free kicks so they actively encourage players if they feel the slightest contact, go down. It's no wonder we end up with so many soft, contentious decisions.

It's actually a very sad state of our game today that people feel the need to resort to that.

The slow mo looked horrendous for Watkins,as it has done on many occasions in the past. He cried wolf once too often on this occasion.

• Administrator

Maguire out for both games this week most likely 

And Ole suggested heavy rotation for Tuesday by sounds of it 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived