talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 1-3 Man Utd - Sunday 9th May, 2021

• Administrator

Kick-off 14.05

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p      VS     220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Recent Form
Aston Villa - WDLLW
Man Utd - LWDWW

Last 3 Meetings
01/01/2021 - Man Utd 2-1 Aston Villa
09/07/2020 - Aston Villa 0-3 Man Utd
01/12/2019 - Man Utd 2-2 Aston Villa

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

No idea why it’s that strong tbf. Seems daft considering Villa are by in large the worst of the 3 teams we’re playing in this small space of time.

And the fact most of those played on Thursday in Italy, too. 

He wants to get Champions league secured so he can then rest ahead of the Europa league final. 

Were pretty much there, makes sense to get us over the line as soon as possible. 

• Subscriber

Fatigued or not, other teams have been in the same situation and just got on with it, not worried about Villa really it's your Leicester at OT that I worry about when we play them,  Rogers will have them geed up and remind them what happened last season, going strong early on then ended up out of the top 4 and only the Europa begging.

9 minutes ago, Devil said:

He wants to get Champions league secured so he can then rest ahead of the Europa league final. 

Were pretty much there, makes sense to get us over the line as soon as possible. 

This.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Devil said:

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

This.

Totally get that but they're 9 ahead of 4th, 10 ahead of 5th and with a game in hand.

West Ham & Liverpool would need to win all of their remaining games to get ahead of Utd, and that's with Chelsea & Leicester also losing all of their games, which is impossible given they play each other a week on Tuesday. 

CL is quite clearly secured already, in my opinion. Only mathematically is it not but when you look at some of the freakish results this season, you could lose all your games and still comfortably get top 4 :) 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Totally get that but they're 9 ahead of 4th, 10 ahead of 5th and with a game in hand.

West Ham & Liverpool would need to win all of their remaining games to get ahead of Utd, and that's with Chelsea & Leicester also losing all of their games, which is impossible given they play each other a week on Tuesday. 

CL is quite clearly secured already, in my opinion. Only mathematically is it not but when you look at some of the freakish results this season, you could lose all your games and still comfortably get top 4 :) 

Exactly why winning this game and killing it off is essential. 

Were there anyway but making it secure allows him to play a full reserve side in our next game ahead of the Liverpool game which I think he'd like to win to put the knife into them. 

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 1-0 Man Utd - Sunday 9th May, 2021
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

What a hit from Traore!

How's he scored from that angle? Weak defending from Lindelof?

Annoyed me that because I was only praising him yesterday for improved performances. 

I'm convinced Ole thinks other areas are more important to strengthen this summer, stuff like the mistake today make me question that. 

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Does Ole know United have 3 games in 5 days? He plays a strong team every time.

It's because the rest of their squad is shite and can't be trusted.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's because the rest of their squad is shite and can't be trusted.

Looking at their bench I think they should all be trusted to do a job against Aston Villa. They have Leicester City and Liverpool in the next four days. This squad selection on Thursday and today just seems mental. Surely there isnt a sports scientist who tells him this is OK? 

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Looking at their bench I think they should all be trusted to do a job against Aston Villa. They have Leicester City and Liverpool in the next four days. This squad selection on Thursday and today just seems mental. Surely there isnt a sports scientist who tells him this is OK? 

I can't speak for him but from a purely FPL view, I expected Leicester to be the game where the changes happened, purely as that was the game sandwiched in between.

No way he rests anyone v Liverpool, under any circumstance where as, I think he feels let's beat Villa (the winnable game) and take our chances v Leicester.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He did this last season and we ended up out on arses, the game against Chelsea in the FA Cup semi and the Europa semi against Sevilla we looked exhausted. 

It's one of my biggest criticisms, lack of Rotation. 

Just now, Lucas said:

I can't speak for him but from a purely FPL view, I expected Leicester to be the game where they changes happened purely as that was the game in between.

No way he rests anyone v Liverpool after all under any circumstance.

He won't be able to rest anyone against Leicester at this rate. 

They need to turn this around in the second half. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Looked like handball by Greenwood... 

Definitely hit his arm, but he was so close to the Villa player with the ball coming off the Villa player's head at speed.  It could have been given, and while it would have been harsh , you do see similar calls given.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Ole's gone strong today. I'd guess that's as strong as a line-up you can field at the moment? @DeadLinesman @CaaC (John) @Redcanuck @MUFC @Devil

Am happy to go strong today. Liverpool win their game in hand and they're back in the mix. For that reason I'd rest everyone vs Leicester and throw the game and try beating Liverpool via full squad.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived