talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Periods of bad luck

football forum

Anyone else have periods where the just seem to have incredible bad luck. All started two weeks ago but this is what's happened to me over the last two and bit weeks. 

• Fell over pissed after the Ukraine game and destroyed the screen on my phone.
  • Someone drove into the rear passenger side of my cars bumper outside the local shops and drove off without looking for to apologise or exchange details leaving a big mark on my bumper and wheel arch. 
  • Got a puncture in my rear drivers side tyre.
  • Eldest daughters TV broke in her bedroom on her birthday, so I had zero choice but to replace it that day because it was her birthday!

I've spent a fortune this month and got nothing for me money, so frustrating. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can have self inflicted bad luck imo. I might be wrong… but not in my opinion I’m not.

I had a similar run of pretty expensive bad luck last year. A few appliances around my house started not working all at around the same time & I had a window crack (from a big fucking seagull, fuck that bird btw I hope my window hurt - fucking little bastard making me replace a window, what an absolute cunt of a bird).

It’s annoying, but it’s out of our control so what can we do? Shit happens unfortunately.

Shame bad luck seems to come in waves while good luck is never the same.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

The first one isn't bad luck - it's self-inflicted!

Fair comment.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

The next 2 are bad luck, for sure.

And that is shit the TV broke. Was it old?

It was about 6 years old to be fair mate but I count as bad luck/bad timing I'd forked out load for her birthday and a new tyre a few days before.

The car I'm yet to deal with, gonna get a mate to look at next month, can't bear another kick in the balls this month.

• Subscriber

Lost 2 houses we were buying years ago because I was made redundant twice and ended up selling them where I was lucky just to make a £200 quid, but life goes on and we have been in this council flat now for 14 years.

Archived