talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ademola Lookman Signs on Loan for Leicester

• Subscriber

He's coming here on loan by the sounds of it. Well, this was the case a few hours ago anyway.

I won't lie, I'm slightly underwhelmed - not against the signing as such as I think circumstances have dictated that we've had to throw more money at the defensive problem, but I can't help but feel it's just another stopgap that won't drag us up a level.

I think in these circumstances it's very much the type I was expecting but if I was to make a prediction now it's that we'll be having the same discussion in 12 months.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Dan said:

He's coming here on loan by the sounds of it. Well, this was the case a few hours ago anyway.

I won't lie, I'm slightly underwhelmed - not against the signing as such as I think circumstances have dictated that we've had to throw more money at the defensive problem, but I can't help but feel it's just another stopgap that won't drag us up a level.

I think in these circumstances it's very much the type I was expecting but if I was to make a prediction now it's that we'll be having the same discussion in 12 months.

Well yeah it is a stopgap because of defensive problems to cover for?

It's probably the best we can do without throwing silly money around like other clubs have.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dan said:

Imagine if Lookman goes to Leicester and becomes genuinely good while Demarai Gray does the same at Everton. xD

He stood out in a poor Fulham side last season. He is blessed with quite a lot of natural ability but I don't think I've seen him develop much at any of his clubs since he first signed for us aged 19ish. Leicester would probably be a better chance for him to do that though than any of those other settings.

• The title was changed to Ademola Lookman Signs on Loan for Leicester

Archived