Last 3 Meetings
26/04/2021 - Leicester 2-1 Crystal Palace
28/12/2020 - Crystal Palace 1-1 Leicester
04/07/2020 - Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

We seem to be in a bit of a rut right now. 

Can't seem to get going or click consistently in a game. 

I'd definitely get some bets on for Palace to win, over 2.5 goals, Edouard & Zaha to bag, HT/FT Palace/Palace etc... 

Just can't see us getting anything out of this game as at all. 

• Subscriber

Sorry to say it but I think we'll be comfortably beaten. We look in a right rut and Palace I feel like are playing quite well but not really getting the results. They've got a lot of the traits we struggle against. Plus they start with Zaha and Edouard goals here so it'll take an effort from us.

Iheanacho will start though and that will help our cause. Total disgrace if he isn't in the side given he couldn't even get into Poland.

There are a hell of a lot of problems here at the minute. It's hard to know what it's down to as much as anything but I feel like it's started with the defensive injuries and everything else is a knock-on. We look a shambles at the back. Vestergaard's looking like a horrible bit of business sadly. There were a few murmurings about Evans at times last season but Jesus Christ, having seen us without him it's pretty terrifying. I think our season is largely hinging on his availability at the minute, assuming Fofana is out until probably February at best.

I'm going to continue the theme of not being confident for this fixture.

My main concern is that Brighton may have exposed an achilles heel that Leicester are well equipped to take advantage of. On about three occasions Robert Sanchez hit three flat long balls forward and they caught our central defenders off guard. The one player I would not want to face with a situation like that is Jamie Vardy whose still been in good form this season regardless of what's been going on with the rest of the team.

It will be interesting to see how brave we are. I have no idea whether we will back ourselves with Guehi's pace to continue playing a high line and we target the Vestergaard/Soyuncu combination. Hopefully with the home advantage we will be able to get on top of Leicester and get something. I anticipate we will take the game to Leicester in midfield. This is not a vintage Rodgers Leicester side and the midfield dynamic of Luka sitting back behind the energy of McArthur and Gallagher seems to work well. 

One change I would make for this fixture is taking Jordan Ayew out of the team. Whilst Joel Ward, Luka Miliojevic and Tyrick Mitchell are adapting quite well to the quicker pace everything seems to feel much slower when Jordan Ayew has the ball. Whilst he contributes well off the ball I feel in games like this we should start with somebody who makes better decisions and is more dynamic when we're in possession.

• Subscriber

It's interesting that you pinpoint that as a weakness as you're quite right. I think there are still some who ignorantly think we're solely a counter attacking side still but we do still every now and then roll back a few years and just play it long to Vardy to score. His form's the only real bright spark so far this season, he looks back to his best again. He's so good that he's top scorer for two Premier League clubs.

But I do think your intensity in your game is going to be a problem to us. We're so passive, just happy to keep the ball at all costs, and with the way we're defending I fully expect you to get a couple of goals. Zaha usually scores past us and like I said Edouard, just feels written that the striker we spent so long thinking we'd sign would score past us.

I still think we've got enough quality on our day to be a match for anyone in this league but our day has been few and far between. You would have to go back to the 3-0 win over West Brom since the last performance in the league I was happy with and they were all but down by then. Following a week travelling and the general discontent, I just sense us losing it pretty comfortably, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

It's interesting that you pinpoint that as a weakness as you're quite right.

We'll still play it out to our wing backs and not pick up on another sides weakness xD

• Subscriber

Sighs.

Don't think he's had a very good start this season to be fair but I still can't see that as anything other than a big blow as he's comfortably our best defensive presence in midfield. Virtually guarantees he'll go with that same back 3 as well.

• Administrator

4-4-fucking-2!!

Change of tact from us. 

Ricardo dropped after some poor form, Castagne on the right and Bertrand on left. 

Lookman and Barnes on the wing. Tielemans and Choudhury as midfield. Palace will be wise to target Choudbury like we might target Hamza. 

Iheanacho and Vardy up front. 

More confident than I was yesterday but weirdly still don't think it'll be enough. Glad Rodgers has changed it up a bit though. 

Unchanged side from us. Given Leicester have opted to play 4-4-2 Ayew's defensive game could be of benefit.

I think Gallagher could be the differential for us given Leicester are playing Choudhury.

• Subscriber

Makes you wonder how much of it is confidence with us. We've looked good since going 2 up.

I just don't even know what to say if he doesn't stick with playing those two. It just works. He got the attacking options right today.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

It is a huge stroke of luck but ultimately those two have stepped up, Iheanacho in particular, which is no surprise as he seems to every time he plays nowadays.

If they had taken the game by the scruff of the neck and were leading the charge for Leicester I might agree but they have had a couple of chances gifted to them from poor defensive mistakes so I wouldn't class it as stepping up more of having some good fortune they didn't mess up.. 

• Subscriber

Iheanacho won the ball off Anderson. That counts for me. It was awful from Anderson but Iheanacho got us a goal from nothing.

Anyhow, this half we've gone back to being dog xD

Archived