Film & TV - Best of 2021

football forum

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 29/12/2021 at 04:46, Mel81x said:

Best movie of 2021: Dune (Easily)
Best TV series of 2021: I liked Kate Winslet's role in MoET but for me the new kid on the block that left me thinking good acting was Yellowjackets
Best new TV series of 2021: Yellowjackets/White Lotus/For All Mankind
Most overrated movie of 2021: No Time to Die - Drawn out and just utter philosophical garbage that wasn't needed.
Most overrated TV series of 2021: WandaVision (while it may be a little unkind to this show its just plain stupid and so stupid that what they could have crammed into 4 episodes took forever to reveal and when its all done you have to think why bother with this filler crap)
Most disappointing movie of 2021: Mortal Kombat (Why they even bothered to redo this is beyond me but it was so hashed it shouldn't even exist and it didn't even have that much competition from the other movies to  begin with)
Most disappointing TV series of 2021: Foundation/Invasion
Best acting performance of 2021: Martin Short (Only Murders in the Building) / Christina Ricci (Yellowjackets)

I think this list may change with things I plan on watching this week haha but so far that's what I can think of.

White Lotus looked intriguing actually I forgot about that one. Also Alexandra Daddario :x

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna skip the ones I can't say anything about. 

Best movie of 2021: Dune, hands down. 
Best TV series of 2021: I'm going for For All Man Kind Season 2, and Ted Lasso, Season 2. 
Best new TV series of 2021: Squid Game, since it's the only 2021 TV series I've watched, I think. Enjoyed it a lot though, even though I was skepical initially. The ending was stupid though. 
Most overrated movie of 2021: James Bond - No Time to die. In the end, it was just a generic Bond movie, apart from that ending. The villain was also weak as fuck. 
Best acting performance of 2021: Movies: Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power of the Dog), Jodie Comer (The Last Duel)
 TV Series: Michael Dorman (For All Mankind, Season 2), Jason Sudeikis (Ted Lasso, Season 2), and Lee Jung-jae (Squid Game). 

On 29/12/2021 at 16:13, Lucas said:

Most disappointing movie of 2021: The Last Duel - I'd expect big things with Ridley Scott, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Adam Driver and Jodie Comer (To be fair, she was the shining light) but this really flopped for me. Again, far too long and drawn out for what it needed to be and despite the star studied cast, they failed to draw you in.

Really? I thought it was so well written. It's a slow burn at times, sure, but with so much detail. Ah well. I guess Ridley Scott was right. 

:ph34r:

Archived