Most disappointing movie of 2021:
Most disappointing TV series of 2021:
Best acting performance of 2021:

Thoughts? 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Best movie of 2021:                                                   No Time to Die 007 or Dune I WONT PICK ONE but maybe Dune

Best TV series of 2021:                                             Mare of Easttown - Although I havent seen the Witcher season 2 yet and only a couple episodes                                                                                                                  into season 2 of Ted Lasso

Best new TV series of 2021:                                     Mare of Easttown

Most overrated movie of 2021:                                Red Notice

Most overrated TV series of 2021:                          This one is tough im not sure ill come back and edit if something comes to mind

Most disappointing movie of 2021:                         Mortal Combat 

Most disappointing TV series of 2021:                   Mayor of Kingstown - only made it about 3 episodes in but the cast and Jeremy Renner                                                                                                                                  specifically gave me more hope.. turned out fairly average dont know if ill go back

Best acting performance of 2021:                           Kate Winslet - did I mention Mare of Easttown

• Subscriber

Best movie of 2021: Dune
Best TV series of 2021: For All Mankind (Season 2), followed by Yellowstone (Season 4)
Best new TV series of 2021: Reservation Dogs, followed by 1883
Most overrated movie of 2021: will pass on this one. Haven't watched that many movies this year
Most overrated TV series of 2021: Squid Game
Most disappointing movie of 2021: The Many Saints of Newark (expected more, barely managed to sit through it)
Most disappointing TV series of 2021: Foundation (due to high expectations)
Best acting performance of 2021: Paulina Alexis  (Willie Jack in Reservation Dogs), Nick Mohammed (Nate in Ted Lasso)

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Mayor of Kingstown - only made it about 3 episodes in but the cast and Jeremy Renner  specifically gave me more hope.

I was considering watching this as Taylor Sheridan has been doing some great stuff recently, but I guess I'll pass now xD 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I was considering watching this as Taylor Sheridan has been doing some great stuff recently, but I guess I'll pass now xD 

Yeah I mean it was ok, the first episode was pretty good but the next two where kind of a bore. Theres just better things to watch :)

I think I need to watch 5-6 more movies before the year ends to come to a conclusion. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Most overrated TV series of 2021: Squid Game

Did you watch the whole thing?

• Subscriber

Best movie of 2021: Dune (Easily)
Best TV series of 2021: I liked Kate Winslet's role in MoET but for me the new kid on the block that left me thinking good acting was Yellowjackets
Best new TV series of 2021: Yellowjackets/White Lotus/For All Mankind
Most overrated movie of 2021: No Time to Die - Drawn out and just utter philosophical garbage that wasn't needed.
Most overrated TV series of 2021: WandaVision (while it may be a little unkind to this show its just plain stupid and so stupid that what they could have crammed into 4 episodes took forever to reveal and when its all done you have to think why bother with this filler crap)
Most disappointing movie of 2021: Mortal Kombat (Why they even bothered to redo this is beyond me but it was so hashed it shouldn't even exist and it didn't even have that much competition from the other movies to  begin with)
Most disappointing TV series of 2021: Foundation/Invasion
Best acting performance of 2021: Martin Short (Only Murders in the Building) / Christina Ricci (Yellowjackets)

I think this list may change with things I plan on watching this week haha but so far that's what I can think of.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Tommy said:

Did you watch the whole thing?

No, I barely made it through the first two episodes. But I know the entire plot and what happens in each episode in detail, and I also get the whole social critique and allegory of capitalist society and exploitation angle. I can see why people liked it, but the extreme hype made it look like the next best thing since sliced bread...all despite it not being a particularly original concept, and the execution being far from flawless. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Machado said:

Is this inspired by what I think it is?

I don't know, probably not?.. What do you think it is inspired by? Reservoir Dogs? If yes, then no xD

It's a black comedy about a group of native teens growing up in a reservation, written and directed by Sterlin Harjo & Taika Waititi.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Most overrated movie of 2021: No Time to Die - Drawn out and just utter philosophical garbage that wasn't needed.

Good call. I was tempted to name it as the most overrated movie too, but then I realised I still enjoyed it...

Best movie of 2021: Dune, very hard to disagree with the above shouts really, even if you feel boring for putting the same. Just a beautifully made film.

Best TV series of 2021: It's a Sin. By far and away the best TV series I have watched this year. The performances were all great and it had every range of emotion you'd expect tackling the outbreak of Aids in the 80's.

Best new TV series of 2021: It's a Sin, Clickbait (Which was a surprisingly great hit for Netflix with a twist near the end you just couldn't ever forsee) and Ted Lasso 2 (switching Nate from an unsung hero the audience route for to a major villain the audience now love to hate was genius)

Most overrated movie of 2021: Judas and the Black Messiah - I just did not get the hype of the film having watched it and yet it has such great ratings. It felt really bland.

Most overrated TV series of 2021: Midnight Mass - When the good bits happened, they were pretty badass but in the main, I honestly thought it dragged on far too much to receive the ratings it did. I certainly wouldn't be shouting about it from the rooftops.

Most disappointing movie of 2021: The Last Duel - I'd expect big things with Ridley Scott, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Adam Driver and Jodie Comer (To be fair, she was the shining light) but this really flopped for me. Again, far too long and drawn out for what it needed to be and despite the star studied cast, they failed to draw you in.

Also, special mention to Venom Let there be Carnage, which failed to recreate what made the first film a fun watch.

Most disappointing TV series of 2021:  Invasion. Clumsily written, slow paced, scattered narrative that doesn't make a lot of sense and really failed to deliver on all accounts. A classic example of a trailer catfishing its audience.

Best acting performance of 2021: Colin Farrell in The North Water as evil villain, Henry Drax, and Jodie Comer in Help as a carer in a covid-riddled home pushed to her limits.

35 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh I can't believe I forgot it completely... Great shout.

Yeah, he was supurb wasn't he, really menacing, especially with that beard and all the weight he put on for the role.

That was a really solid series, better than The Terror I'd say.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Machado said:

Ahh really, I looked it up and the first image that showed up seemed oddly familiar.

Ah, I know what you mean. I think that particular image is indeed clearly inspired by Reservoir Dogs (as well as the name, probably), but there are no similarities story-wise :) 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, nudge said:

Good call. I was tempted to name it as the most overrated movie too, but then I realised I still enjoyed it...

I think the initial parts are good but then its just a droning on and on that I couldn't take anymore.

Best movie of 2021:Not really watched many.

Best TV series of 2021:Been watching The Walking Dead the final season. It's been really good and has the old school Walking Dead feeling of the earlier seasons. Split story lines, each one is gripping and intriguing. Especially Negan and Maggie scenes. Narcos Mexico season 3 is close second and To The Lake is third.

Best new TV series of 2021:This is a stupid thing to say but Dexter New Blood. I watched the old Dexter and couldn't get past the first 5 episodes. I just didn't like it. Maybe because it's oldish? I trued watching it in the summer just gone. I read about Dexter New Blood and the description was intriguing. I read up on the old Dexter series before I started watching it. Squid Games isn't far behind.

Most overrated movie of 2021:Not watched many movies.

Most overrated TV series of 2021:

Most disappointing movie of 2021:Not watched many.

Most disappointing TV series of 2021:Luckily I've enjoyed all the series I've watched in 2021. Reason I don't have a bad one is because I re-watched some for the second time e.g. Narcos Mexico, Narcos Columbia, Banshee, Bates Motel and The Punisher as well as many others.

Best acting performance of 2021:Going for Indian actor Anupam Tripathi who played the role of Ali Abdul in Squid Games.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Is there a movie or series you've all been waiting on this year and it constantly got delayed? 

Friggin Dune. Was supposed to hit the big screen in November 2020, got delayed because of COVID, then was supposed to be released on the 1st of October this year, was then pushed back 3 weeks, and almost moved to 2022. I thought they'd just delay it forever xD 

I can only really answer a few of these as haven't seen much new tv or films.

Gonna say best new tv series was squid game.

Would say it was best series all round as well but gonna  give a mention to doctor who which I thought was good.

Although it wasnt made in 2021 gonna say the most disappointing film I saw was a quiet place. Expected to like it more 

19 hours ago, MUFC said:

Is there a movie or series you've all been waiting on this year and it constantly got delayed? 

Foot fetish bitches was supposed to be released this year 

Archived