• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd Women's Team Given Tier Two Status

football forum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/04/2018 at 15:31, Happy Blue said:

I agree with this  ..would love to see a large breasted female ref with a painted on kit running around a football field B|

This is a serious thread. We have no time for sexist remarks. That being said at least a female coach can wash the kits after.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Aged 12, Darcy Wells was groomed and harassed by her Chelsea coach Shane Hughes. It destroyed her childhood and teenage years. Now, aged 19, she courageously tells her powerful story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-5657271/amp/Darcy-Wells-parents-demand-happened-Chelsea.html?__twitter_impression=true

:( several suicide attempts. NO ONE should have to go through that especially at a young age. I don't know how strict laws are in England when it comes to this but around here you get more jail time for a join t than this.... Child offenders and rapist only get very few months. A fucking paper letting me know a child molester is moving in my neighborhood suppose to be enough?

Fuck Shane Hughes and I hope he gets what he deserves and more.

One of the most difficult things to convict someone, is rape. Without proof, there practically is no case. Especially when they wait this long to come forward. 

Did it say anywhere in the article she kept a hold of the pictures and texts he sent? 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44279069

Utd, amongst other teams, to be installed in to the Women's Championship.

West Ham going in to the top division.

Manchester United have been awarded a licence to join next season's Women's Championship, ending their 13-year absence from the senior women's game.

West Ham United will move straight up to the top flight - the new 11-team, full-time Women's Super League.

Charlton, Leicester City, Lewes and Sheffield United will join Man Utd in being added to the second tier.

But current top-flight side Sunderland and second-tier Watford and Oxford are to drop out of England's top two tiers.

The news comes after a restructure of the women's leagues - which are run by the Football Association - and saw existing clubs have to re-apply for their places, before a second, open application phase.

Southampton, Crystal Palace and Derby County were among the other sides to bid to join the new second division, but were unsuccessful.

BBC Sport understands Sunderland, who finished seventh in the top tier in 2017-18, Watford and Oxford will all be offered spots in the third tier, the new Women's National League.

Manchester United, who had faced widespread criticism after disbanding their women's team in 2005, are expected to be managed by former England international Casey Stoney, who won 130 caps.

• The title was changed to Man Utd Women's Team Given Tier Two Status

Archived