talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 5-1 Newcastle - Sunday 3rd April, 2022

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought Kulusevski would be a good signing for Spurs. I was told he was shit because he was shit at Juve and the Serie A is dogshit xD

If I remember correctly @Michael and I also thought he'd be decent for Spurs.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

If I remember correctly @Michael and I also thought he'd be decent for Spurs.

Regardless of how bang average he may have been at Juve (and honestly, Juve have been pretty bang average generally - hard to pin it on any one player tbh), he was brilliant at Parma and he's only 21 years old.

I always think it's tough when young players come into big sides and in Italy there's really no bigger club than Juve, regardless of how they look this season. It's a lot of pressure and expectation that weighs down on these players - I think that can be tough for someone as young as he is.

He's shown, and is showing at Spurs, when given regular football he's got quality to make an impact and he works really hard too. I think he'll continue to be a hit if he stays at Spurs long term and will end up proving to be a very good winger as he develops. He's just got the right quality and looks like he's a very hard worker - so mixing quality and attitude usually means a player can do pretty well. I think he's at a good club to develop into a top top player.

36 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Regardless of how bang average he may have been at Juve (and honestly, Juve have been pretty bang average generally - hard to pin it on any one player tbh), he was brilliant at Parma and he's only 21 years old.

I always think it's tough when young players come into big sides and in Italy there's really no bigger club than Juve, regardless of how they look this season. It's a lot of pressure and expectation that weighs down on these players - I think that can be tough for someone as young as he is.

He's shown, and is showing at Spurs, when given regular football he's got quality to make an impact and he works really hard too. I think he'll continue to be a hit if he stays at Spurs long term and will end up proving to be a very good winger as he develops. He's just got the right quality and looks like he's a very hard worker - so mixing quality and attitude usually means a player can do pretty well. I think he's at a good club to develop into a top top player.

He had some very good performances at Juve and maybe other performances that didn't stand out as much, but we can't say he was bang average. We also have to remember that Juve are a squad that has the biggest depth in Serie A, so he didn't always start for them given the competition at the club. You are right in saying there is a lot of pressure at Juve, even more so when the competition is very tough and when most players aren't guaranteed a starting place in the team every week. He was brilliant at Parma because he was the main man at the club and regularly played for them. 

At Spurs he has excelled even further and he has clearly demonstrated in my opinion that the pace of English football suits him. Spurs have bagged a very good talent in Kulusevski.

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

He had some very good performances at Juve and maybe other performances that didn't stand out as much, but we can't say he was bang average. We also have to remember that Juve are a squad that has the biggest depth in Serie A, so he didn't always start for them given the competition at the club. You are right in saying there is a lot of pressure at Juve, even more so when the competition is very tough and when most players aren't guaranteed a starting place in the team every week. He was brilliant at Parma because he was the main man at the club and regularly played for them. 

At Spurs he has excelled even further and he has clearly demonstrated in my opinion that the pace of English football suits him. Spurs have bagged a very good talent in Kulusevski.

Yeah I agree with that. For a young player, I think sometimes being rotated in isn't always the best for their development. He had some good games and some bad games while he was in and out of the side at Juve - it is hard to look consistently good, especially as a winger where sometimes how much you influence a game has everything to do with how much of the midfield your side can control, when you can't get a run of games to get a rhythm going.

Like you say, he was brilliant when given regular time to show how good he was & he's not looking out of place at all in the league now. He's looking like a young player that can improve to hit some really impressive heights if he keeps this up and avoids injury.

Archived