• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tammy Abraham

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Looks like a great signing for Vitesse :ph34r:

Probably right. Not really a talented striker in terms of ability but he has a knack of always being in the right place at the right time. 

We'll be interesting to see how Conte uses him in pre-season. 

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Conte probably doesn't know who he is.

And Conte believes the 19-year-old striker has a bright career ahead at Stamford Bridge, though he was also keen to highlight the good work of Chelsea's academy evident in the presence of Nathaniel Chalobah, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Ola Aina and Dominic Solanke in this season's first-team squad.

"Abraham is another young player who is the future for Chelsea, for sure," Conte said. "He's very young. I saw him only one week during the preseason in America.

"Then we decided to send him to play every game and get experience, then come back for us. He has great potential in the technical and physical aspects.

"I think the academy is working very well. Also in my squad we have Chalobah, Aina, Solanke, Loftus-Cheek. You can see the future and it's good."

Only time will tell with what he will do with him. I personally hope he impresses Conte but he is most likely going out on loan again. 

Many are going overboard, (myself included) on Tammy, but we need to remember he isn't some technically brilliant striker or lethal finish, merely a player who has a knack of being at the right place at the right time. 

A good source of mine at the club says he was wanted by a Premier League club last season, good prospect.

I'd like to see him in the Premier League playing regularly next season, for me there's no point staying within the Chelsea squad as I don't see Conte using him often enough. Same with RLC, Aina, Musonda etc.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

A good source of mine at the club says he was wanted by a Premier League club last season, good prospect.

I'd like to see him in the Premier League playing regularly next season, for me there's no point staying within the Chelsea squad as I don't see Conte using him often enough. Same with RLC, Aina, Musonda etc.

Loftus-Cheek is heading the same path as McEachran tbh. Vastly talented but lacks bottle to really push himself to the next level. 

Musonda needs to be loaned out to a PREMIER LEAGUE side that will play him regularly. None of this la liga bollocks where defences are atrocious. Aina is far too raw at the moment. 

As of now, I'd be comfortable having Chalobah, Baker, Christensen and Abraham (if we are playing two strikers next season) in the squad next year. 

Archived