talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dortmund sack Marco Rose

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is completely different than what I expected.  No one was pleased with how this past season went, but to not give him a chance with new players is a bit ridiculous.  

Sebastian Kehl on the warpath, stat.

• Subscriber

It's so weird to me. Apparently just a year ago, they didn't think he was ready for the job, so decided to waste money on Rose instead, and now sacked him just to appoint Terzic again. His first spell in charge wasn't particularly mindblowing (bar the Pokal win), so I'm quite curious to see how he does this time. 

45 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's so weird to me. Apparently just a year ago, they didn't think he was ready for the job, so decided to waste money on Rose instead, and now sacked him just to appoint Terzic again. His first spell in charge wasn't particularly mindblowing (bar the Pokal win), so I'm quite curious to see how he does this time. 

Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled by this.  Apparently during the end-of-season meeting Rose asked those present for a vote of confidence moving forward and the results weren't unanimous in favor of Rose.  It was better to get it sorted out now I guess, but I agree it doesn't make much sense.  I think all BVB fans would agree that the season was underwhelming but personally I'd never lay that solely at Rose's feet.  Honestly, this is typical of Dortmund's decision-making in the past several years... they don't seem to know what they want to do from one day to the next.  

Archived