talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ivan Toney - Linked with just about every United

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

@DannyDon't do it, don't mention Pepe's price, he's looking for a nibble.

Tbh I didn’t see it until you tagged me haha. I’d like to see who we have lined up as a replacement and what type of forward we’d bring in

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

@DannyDon't do it, don't mention Pepe's price, he's looking for a nibble.

I mean, he could mention it but it wouldn't make sense.

Pepe was a star player at a title winning side that beat PSG to Ligue 1. Something that rarely happens. That's something that creates hype. 

A decent player at an average side that doesn't have much hype around him doesn't really compare. At all.

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I mean, he could mention it but it wouldn't make sense.

Pepe was a star player at a title winning side that beat PSG to Ligue 1. Something that rarely happens. That's something that creates hype. 

A decent player at an average side that doesn't have much hype around him doesn't really compare. At all.

It was a flippant comment in the same tone I presume yours was but its cute given the way he's played for the last three seasons that you're still trying to justify the transfer fee. Lille didn't win Ligue 1 either.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It was a flippant comment in the same tone I presume yours was but its cute given the way he's played for the last three seasons that you're still trying to justify the transfer fee. Lille didn't win Ligue 1 either.

I wasn't trying to justify the transfer fee... I was making the point that large fees usually have something behind them.

I can only remember hype around Toney at the start of last season. Then it all faded. A club would have to be crazy to pay a big fee.

Archived