The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have now got one of our better senior forwards - much much better than the senior rubbish we have been left with - cannot follow David's reasoning - and with my ex Bergefeld pupil at the back you are beginning to ensure safety in the BL for another year - I really do hope that it works out that way for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did not expect it after the statements from Saturday, where Pfannenstiel said that there's no ultimatum for Funkel etc. Big shame to be honest, especially after a game like that against Leverkusen, where you could evidently see that the team is still alive. Funkel was one of the main reasons I found my way back to Fortuna. My uncle played football with him and knows him, and he was just a perfect fit for Fortuna Düsseldorf. Weird all this. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Could be interesting, under the right conditions... Probably won't be fit enough for 90 minutes every match, but could have a huge impact when subbed on later in the game. Skill wise, would definitely be one of the best players in the league. Offer him a performance-based contract, similar to what we did with Pizarro the last time he rejoined us...

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Could be interesting, under the right conditions... Probably won't be fit enough for 90 minutes every match, but could have a huge impact when subbed on later in the game. Skill wise, would definitely be one of the best players in the league. Offer him a performance-based contract, similar to what we did with Pizarro the last time he rejoined us...

I definitely agree. He's a player I've always liked for his style and the way he plays football. Now that he basically throws himself at us, we should give him a chance. He'd be a 2. Bundesliga top player for 1-2 more years, maybe even for more than just 30 minutes. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ouch. That's quite a blow for the pre-season...

Let's hope one of them is Ayhan who is already with his "new team" in Italy. That's a farce and a half. You want to hear about it? 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Let's hope one of them is Ayhan who is already with his "new team" in Italy. That's a farce and a half. You want to hear about it? 

Yes, definitely! Spill the dirt :D  I already thought he's a massive c*nt after he got Hübner sent off, don't mind hearing more.

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Yes, definitely! Spill the dirt :D  I already thought he's a massive c*nt after he got Hübner sent off, don't mind hearing more.

First of all, he's not a massive cunt. Quite the contrary actually. The Hübner thing was quite unusual for him. But apparently he had a buyout clause for 2 Mio Euros in case of relegation. AS Roma wanted to sign him, but because they changed ownership, they said they'll pay the transfer fee in September, so Fortuna said "nah". Now Sassuolo paid the 2 Mio and Fortuna just transfered it back and claimed they received the money too late and that the clause wasn't eligible anymore by the time they received the money. So now it's up to lawyers and whatnot to sort it out while Ayhan is already in Italy. Quite a mess, and really undeserving a player who could have left us for bigger clubs years ago. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

First of all, he's not a massive cunt. Quite the contrary actually. The Hübner thing was quite unusual for him. But apparently he had a buyout clause for 2 Mio Euros in case of relegation. AS Roma wanted to sign him, but because they changed ownership, they said they'll pay the transfer fee in September, so Fortuna said "nah". Now Sassuolo paid the 2 Mio and Fortuna just transfered it back and claimed they received the money too late and that the clause wasn't eligible anymore by the time they received the money. So now it's up to lawyers and whatnot to sort it out while Ayhan is already in Italy. Quite a mess, and really undeserving a player who could have left us for bigger clubs years ago. 

Wow, what a mess xD what do you reckon will be the outcome of this? 

17 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wow, what a mess xD what do you reckon will be the outcome of this? 

Not sure. If they really received the money too late, I reckon they'll negotiate a higher sum for him. 

Archived