talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Wow - #5 for Fortuna did a very hard tackle for preseason. FFS man...

Yea, that was unnecessary. Looked like he was frustrated by the penalty. 

We have signed Dragos Nedlcu from FSCB in Romania. One year loan deal with an option to make the move permanent. He can play as CB and DM. Withdrew from the Olympics to be with us instead. :o 

52 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We have signed Dragos Nedlcu from FSCB in Romania. One year loan deal with an option to make the move permanent. He can play as CB and DM. Withdrew from the Olympics to be with us instead. :o 

Nice! He was one of Hagi's young talents, but just fizzled a bit at FSCB. 

Hope he does well! 

Pretty solid win against a Belgian 1st division team. Our left side with Koutris and Peterson will definitely be our strongest weapon. Right side with Zimmermann and Felix Klaus looked really gooda s well though. Nedelcu who only arrived earlier this week already looked pretty solid as a CB next to Christoph Klarer, who also played fairly well. Our key player will be Shinta Appelkamp, without a doubt. Almost every attack involved him, and I hope that Tanaka can relieve him from his duty frome time to time when he comes back from the Olympics. Generally we looked pretty promising in how we moved the ball and won it back quickly after we lost it. Mildly optimistic. 

Pretty poor turnout though. Only 3000ish fans from possible 18.000. But that's the typical Fortuna fair weather fans. As soon as we look like promotion candidates, they will come back. But pretty nicely organized game. Even got a stack of original signed autograph cards of the whole squad for free. 

Looks like I could miss the home game against Bremen in 2 weeks as Covid numbers in Düsseldorf are rising again, and they probably only let vaccinated people in the for the most part. I only get the 2nd jab on 3rd of August. Should be good for the Kiel game though. Still a shame. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2021 at 12:22, nudge said:

Ugh, why? Thoroughly disappointing at HSV. He's quick, but other than that? 

I have to say though ☝️xD Two matches into the season and he looks far more than that. Looked really good when he came on against Sandhausen and also looked very good against Bremen. Think he could be a real asset for is this season. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I have to say though ☝️xD Two matches into the season and he looks far more than that. Looked really good when he came on against Sandhausen and also looked very good against Bremen. Think he could be a real asset for is this season. 

Yeah, probably just the case of HSV being shite, and him just adapting to it to fit in. It's infectious xD

• 2 weeks later...

Ao Tanaka, who was at the Olympics, will finally join us on Thursday. He won't be in the match squad, but he'll probably travel to Nürnberg with us to get used to the processes and surroundings etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pity the system is against us and I am unable to get to the Veltins this weekend.  Lots of TV available - including free to Air on Sport 1 so I shall be able to cry alone on Saturday evening, but hopefully we can get together just before Valentine's Day in Feb for the return at your place.  You can take me back to the cellars in town for another of those dark beers they serve...Have a good weekend and try not to be too happy on Sunday when you post the result...

Tshuss

39 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So we're about to sign Robert Bozenik on loan from Feyenoord Rotterdam. A striker apparently. Never heard of him before. Anyone else?

I mentioned Bozenik at the beginning of 2020, when Hamburg were strongly linked to him. At the time he was scoring loads of goals in the Slovakian League for his club Zilina. He was also performing superbly for his national team, scoring 4 goals in 4 matches in the space of 3 months. He scored against Croatia, Hungary and Azerbaijan in Euro 2020 qualifiers and against Paraguay in a friendly. He was 19 at the time and performing really well. He was selected for Slovakia's Euro 2020 squad, but didn't play.

This great form led to him joining Feyenoord. But he got injured at Feyenoord near the beginning of last season and was out for 3 to 4 months. He didn't have the greatest of seasons, however, this is not unusual for a young player of Bozenik's age. I was impressed by his performances before he joined Feyenoord and I still believe that he has the potential to really develop into a very good player. I think that he is a positive signing for Dusseldorf.

Do you know if Fortuna Dusseldorf have an option to buy him at the end of the season?

7 minutes ago, Michael said:

I mentioned Bozenik at the beginning of 2020, when Hamburg were strongly linked to him. At the time he was scoring loads of goals in the Slovakian League for his club Zilina. He was also performing superbly for his national team, scoring 4 goals in 4 matches in the space of 3 months. He scored against Croatia, Hungary and Azerbaijan in Euro 2020 qualifiers and against Paraguay in a friendly. He was 19 at the time and performing really well. He was selected for Slovakia's Euro 2020 squad, but didn't play.

This great form led to him joining Feyenoord. But he got injured at Feyenoord near the beginning of last season and was out for 3 to 4 months. He didn't have the greatest of seasons, however, this is not unusual for a young player of Bozenik's age. I was impressed by his performances before he joined Feyenoord and I still believe that he has the potential to really develop into a very good player. I think that he is a positive signing for Dusseldorf.

Do you know if Fortuna Dusseldorf have an option to buy him at the end of the season?

Thank you very much for the info! At the moment we are relying on Rouwen Hennings alone to score goals for us upfront. Dawid Kownacki (record signing with a fee of 7,5 mio btw) just doesn't manage to break through. He obviously has a lot of quality, but he has shown it very rarely for us, unfortunately. I like the guy, and I hope he'll get there eventually, but at the moment it's just frustrating. So Bozenik sounds like an exciting addition. 

And yes, apparently there's a buyout clause for 4 Mio. Euros, which the Feyenoord fans seem to be pissed about if my Dutch language knowledge serves me well. xD

45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Thank you very much for the info! At the moment we are relying on Rouwen Hennings alone to score goals for us upfront. Dawid Kownacki (record signing with a fee of 7,5 mio btw) just doesn't manage to break through. He obviously has a lot of quality, but he has shown it very rarely for us, unfortunately. I like the guy, and I hope he'll get there eventually, but at the moment it's just frustrating. So Bozenik sounds like an exciting addition. 

And yes, apparently there's a buyout clause for 4 Mio. Euros, which the Feyenoord fans seem to be pissed about if my Dutch language knowledge serves me well. xD

Yeah, Hennings seems to be the most reliable forward that you have. Lets hope that Kownacki comes good, because as you say, he's a quality player. Hopefully at some point Dusseldorf can get the best out of him. 

A 4 million Euro buyout clause? That's a little less than Feyenoord paid to buy him from Zilina a year and half ago. I think Feyenoord paid 4.6 million Euros for him. I think that 4 million Euros is a very good deal option for a young striker who has a lot of potential. I am not surprised that some Feyenoord fans are very unhappy. I would have thought that Feyenoord would have given Bozenik more of a chance considering his age and what he has shown in the past with some of his impressive performances.

Here are some of Bozenik''s goals, mainly at Feyenoord and Zilina, for you to get an idea what he is about. I couldn't get many clips of his goals at international level, but I remember that he scored some very good goals for Slovakia.

8 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, Hennings seems to be the most reliable forward that you have. Lets hope that Kownacki comes good, because as you say, he's a quality player. Hopefully at some point Dusseldorf can get the best out of him. 

A 4 million Euro buyout clause? That's a little less than Feyenoord paid to buy him from Zilina a year and half ago. I think Feyenoord paid 4.6 million Euros for him. I think that 4 million Euros is a very good deal option for a young striker who has a lot of potential. I am not surprised that some Feyenoord fans are very unhappy. I would have thought that Feyenoord would have given Bozenik more of a chance considering his age and what he has shown in the past with some of his impressive performances.

Here are some of Bozenik''s goals, mainly at Feyenoord and Zilina, for you to get an idea what he is about. I couldn't get many clips of his goals at international level, but I remember that he scored some very good goals for Slovakia.

Thanks again for that. He does look like a quality striker. :o He definitely got those striker instincts together with skill. I am excited now. Apparently he already was in Düsseldorf for his medical today, so we should announce him tomorrow. :o 

Archived