talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa vs Man City - Saturday 3rd September, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 17.30 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p        VS      1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
22/05/2022 - Man City 3-2 Aston Villa
01/12/2021 - Aston Villa 1-2 Man City
21/04/2021 - Aston Villa 1-2 Man City

Recent Form
Aston Villa - LLWLW
Man City - WWDDW

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could Haaland get another hattrick? 😂 ..Alvarez has to start too after nearly scoring a hattrick himself, the guys like a mix between Tevez and Aguero, he's gone under the radar a bit with Haaland but this kids some player too  players out:- Grealish, Laporte, Ake, Phillips, Mbete ..i would like to see

Ederson

Walker - Stones - Dias - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Gundogan

Bernardo - Haaland - Alvarez

BENCH:- Ortega, Gomez, Akanji, Lewis, Palmer, Foden, Mahrez

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Alvarez has to start too after nearly scoring a hattrick himself,

It looks like he can play anywhere across that front 3 so his versatile is very handy.

Are there concerns already about Haaland's fitness? Given there was talk he would be rested against Forest, and with CL coming up in a few days, perhaps he may not play the full 90 (or start) against Villa?

Just now, Stan said:

It looks like he can play anywhere across that front 3 so his versatile is very handy.

Are there concerns already about Haaland's fitness? Given there was talk he would be rested against Forest, and with CL coming up in a few days, perhaps he may not play the full 90 (or start) against Villa?

Yes he can play winger or striker so a good replacement for Jesus who also covered them positions for us. don't think there are concerns over Haaland's fitness just yet but i was surprised he didn't get rested against a team like forest like De Bruyne did, keeping him fit will be key to winning the CL i think but Haaland also wants to break records so it's a tricky one, maybe he will start on the bench tomorrow, it's going to be hard to predict

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Rick said:

The linesman and ref were a disgrace for how they dealt with the Coutinho no goal. Wanker couldn’t blow that whistle fast enough, the bent cunt. Had a fat envelope under the door. 

Hold on, they had no idea Coutinho would go on to bang in that kind of goal. It's the incorrect decision to flag him for offside, of course. 

I think VAR should have fully intervened and gone back to say 'look Coutinho wasn't offside, the decision was incorrect and the goal should stand'. But players stopped because the ref blew his whistle (incorrectly). Once whistle goes, play is dead. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

The linesman and ref were a disgrace for how they dealt with the Coutinho no goal. Wanker couldn’t blow that whistle fast enough, the bent cunt. Had a fat envelope under the door. 

He only scored because the game had stopped 

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hold on, they had no idea Coutinho would go on to bang in that kind of goal. It's the incorrect decision to flag him for offside, of course. 

I think VAR should have fully intervened and gone back to say 'look Coutinho wasn't offside, the decision was incorrect and the goal should stand'. But players stopped because the ref blew his whistle (incorrectly). Once whistle goes, play is dead. 

Didn’t mention anything about the players stopping because of the whistle? I’m saying that the situation was a disgrace. The linesman flagging for offside even though they have been told to let play continue when it’s that close. Disgraceful officiating, yet again. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Didn’t mention anything about the players stopping because of the whistle? I’m saying that the situation was a disgrace. The linesman flagging for offside even though they have been told to let play continue when it’s that close. Disgraceful officiating, yet again. 

I know you didn't mention it, but it's still a factor in the whole scenario. The ref blows his whistle because the linesman has flagged for offside. And with Coutinho moving away from goal, that's probably why they've not let play continue and therefore game has stopped. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived