talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manuel Neuer out for the rest of the season - Sommer signed as replacement

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Tz's got a report out about Nag's fearing for his job if we dont sign a keeper. It sounds as if its Sommer or nothing, Nübel sounds as if he's staying put in Monaco. 

I've just read that Gladbach want Jonas Omlin as Sommer's replacement, and apparently Montpellier are now willing to let him go - so Gladbach would agree to sell Sommer as long as Bayern pay the exact amount that Montpellier are asking for Omlin.

Some 3D chess being played here xD 

math-calculate.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

8m for Sommer is all in? Perhaps Bayern should look for a Regionalliga reserve goalkeeper, if they don't want to invest more.

So supposedly all in because after the initial offer of €5m being rejected rather then negotiating they met Gladbach's asking price which was €8-10m. Again.... reportedly . We'll see.

3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

So supposedly all in because after the initial offer of €5m being rejected rather then negotiating they met Gladbach's asking price which was €8-10m. Again.... reportedly . We'll see.

Honestly knowing Liverpool bought Alison for 75M Euros, I'd suspect 8-10M is more what Bayern hoped for than the asking price. On a side note: Hoeneß always bragged with Bayern's scouting departement and their fixed deposit account. Now it's time to use one of these two, in my honest opinion.

• Subscriber
Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Honestly knowing Liverpool bought Alison for 75M Euros, I'd suspect 8-10M is more what Bayern hoped for than the asking price. On a side note: Hoeneß always bragged with Bayern's scouting departement and their fixed deposit account. Now it's time to use one of these two, in my honest opinion.

Yeah I agree, doesnt really mean much in the grand scheme if you give Gladbach another €5-10m from the Bayern side of things anyways.

• Subscriber

Plettenberg as Ive said before has been pretty tapped into our transfers for the last little while and I tend to believe him more so on this but this is what Bild is reporting. By all accounts negotiations still ongoing and I have to imagine a deal gets done here.. or hope so anyways.

• Subscriber

Falk this morning confirmed the €8m + €1m in add on bid. According to him Gladbach would accept as long as the Omlin transfer goes through. Sounds like we are all full steam ahead. Sport 1's confirmed done deal as well, hes saying €1.5m in add ons.

Medical today seems likely. 

46 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fuck Bayern, and fuck Sommer. 

I mean, I can kind of understand Sommer. He's an exceptional keeper with very little silverware under his belt. Joining Bayern finally gives him a chance to win the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and maybe even the Champions-League, at the age of 34. 

I'm kinda excited to see how Omlin will do for Gladbach. Although I'm a little surprised they are signing a new keeper instead of trusting young Olschowsky. Maybe they think he's not quite ready yet for the big stage. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Tommy said:

I mean, I can kind of understand Sommer. He's an exceptional keeper with very little silverware under his belt. Joining Bayern finally gives him a chance to win the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and maybe even the Champions-League, at the age of 34. 

I'm kinda excited to see how Omlin will do for Gladbach. Although I'm a little surprised they are signing a new keeper instead of trusting young Olschowsky. Maybe they think he's not quite ready yet for the big stage. 

Yeah, I know. In the end, it's also just a job, and everyone's looking for what's best for them. But it is just so incredibly frustrating to see xD 

Archived