• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2022/23 - [18. Spieltag] - 27-29th January 2023

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kownacki is on fire! He could have had a hattrick in the 1st half if he didn't miss that early penalty. Why he wasn't selected for the Polish national team for the World Cup is a mystery to me. He has had one of his best seasons in years and is probably Poland's best striker right now after Lewandowski. He's among the the leading scorers and the leading assist makers in the 2.Bundesliga this season.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Kownacki is on fire! He could have had a hattrick in the 1st half if he didn't miss that early penalty. Why he wasn't selected for the Polish national team for the World Cup is a mystery to me. He has had one of his best seasons in years and is probably Poland's best striker right now after Lewandowski. He's among the the leading scorers and the leading assist makers in the 2.Bundesliga this season.

Which makes it even sadder that he leaves us. :( But yea, apart from the missed penalty, he had a great game. 

All in all a strange one again. We were decent, but alllowed Magdeburg two easy goals out of nowhere again. More often than not,  this will result in a loss or a draw, but luckily we scored the winner after a lot of missed chances. 

Very happy that Shinta Appelkamp scored the winning goal. He's such a good kid that he deserves moments like this. 

Oh and something special happened after the game. I went to my favourite local Döner shop, and I got the last Döner of the day! Two customers who came in after me were sent away, because they were out of Döner, but I got THE LAST ONE! The literally shut off all the grills after my Döner was made. 

This made me almost happier than the result of the match. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Oh and something special happened after the game. I went to my favourite local Döner shop, and I got the last Döner of the day! Two customers who came in after me were sent away, because they were out of Döner, but I got THE LAST ONE! The literally shut off all the grills after my Döner was made. 

You've got your priorities straight  xD

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ja, gehässige Schadenfreude ist eine aufrichtig befreiende Gefühlslage.:ph34r: 

18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Which makes it even sadder that he leaves us. :( But yea, apart from the missed penalty, he had a great game. 

All in all a strange one again. We were decent, but alllowed Magdeburg two easy goals out of nowhere again. More often than not,  this will result in a loss or a draw, but luckily we scored the winner after a lot of missed chances. 

Very happy that Shinta Appelkamp scored the winning goal. He's such a good kid that he deserves moments like this. 

Kownacki is not leaving you this January though, is he? In the summer he will probably leave for a bigger club and Dusseldorf could make decent money from his transfer. The only way I see him staying at Dusseldorf next season is if Dusseldorf get promoted to the Bundesliga.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Kownacki is not leaving you this January though, is he? In the summer he will probably leave for a bigger club and Dusseldorf could make decent money from his transfer. The only way I see him staying at Dusseldorf next season is if Dusseldorf get promoted to the Bundesliga.

Well, I don't think so. There have been rumours that he could leave in January so we can at least some money for him, as his contract is running out, but I think he's too important to us on the pitch. But he announced that he's not going to extend his contract, so he'll definitely be gone in the summer. Gladbach were already rumoured to be interested, and a return to Italy was rumoured as well. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Well, I don't think so. There have been rumours that he could leave in January so we can at least some money for him, as his contract is running out, but I think he's too important to us on the pitch. But he announced that he's not going to extend his contract, so he'll definitely be gone in the summer. Gladbach were already rumoured to be interested, and a return to Italy was rumoured as well. 

Damn, I didn't realise that his contract runs out at the end of the season. Having him leave on a free will be a real blow, considering how influential he has been for Dusseldorf this season. I am not surprised that Gladbach are after Kownacki, they need a striker as Thuram is going to leave them on a free at the end of the season. I think it's much better if Kownacki stays until the end of the current league campaign, as he could well help Dusseldorf get promoted. Kownacki has been their best player this season in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Damn, I didn't realise that his contract runs out at the end of the season. Having him leave on a free will be a real blow, considering how influential he has been for Dusseldorf this season. I am not surprised that Gladbach are after Kownacki, they need a striker as Thuram is going to leave them on a free at the end of the season. I think it's much better if Kownacki stays until the end of the current league campaign, as he could well help Dusseldorf get promoted. Kownacki has been their best player this season in my opinion.

Yea, it's also a bit of a shame because it's his first real good season for us. Considering we bought him back in 2020 for a club record fee of 7,5 Mio € and he was always kind of considered to be a bit of a flop, and even asked to be loaned back to Poland. Yet the club believed in him, and at the first sign of him showing a bit of quality he wants to leave and feels like he's made for bigger things. The football romantic in me would have believed that he would repay the trust our club has shown to him, and that he would stay for a bit longer. But then again, that's football these days and almost every one in this business is a bit of a bastard. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived