talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Ince Sacked by Reading

• Subscriber

Reading have sacked manager Paul Ince with the club in 22nd in the Championship and without a win in their past eight games.

Reading have sacked manager Paul Ince with the club in 22nd in the Championship and without a win in their past eight games.

Ince was appointed on an interim basis in February 2022 before taking on the role permanently last May.

The Royals were deducted six points last week for breaching the terms of a business plan set by the English Football League.

They are a point from safety with five games left after losing at Preston.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65239073

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Harsh on him given the 6-point deduction, but appears that just papers over the cracks. Can't imagine morale was that high with the financial issues in the background.

I think they'll stay up by virtue of 3 other teams being worse than them. Wigan/Blackpool and QPR at this rate. 

He knew exactly what he was doing in that press conference after the Preston defeat. No doubt he's got a nice pay off and the feeling of relief.

I think its between them and QPR for the drop now Warnock has instilled a belief in his Huddersfield side. I'd rather Reading go down as I feel QPR could be more competitive at this level next season. There drop off since Beale left has been staggering but at least they're not on some action plan to reduce costs.

Archived