The better place to talk football.

Rob Holding - Palace Agree £4m Deal

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Us being terrible at selling aside, we don't have enough defenders. We must be bringing someone in. Must be a purpose to sending both Tierney & Tavares out on loan. Otherwise it's terrible, terrible planning.

CB: Saliba, Gabriel, Kiwior, Timber (long term injury)

RB: White, Tomiyasu, Cedric

LB: Zinchenko

There are two consistent themes with Crystal Palace over the last 5+ years.

- We struggle to create chances.

- We struggle to convert changes.

Yet we're spending limited money on a new goalkeeper and a backup defender. 

I mentally prepared myself for Theo Walcott, Demarai Gray and Che Adams so I couldn't be disappointed. Yet I'm still disappointed.

36 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

There are two consistent themes with Crystal Palace over the last 5+ years.

- We struggle to create chances.

- We struggle to convert changes.

Yet we're spending limited money on a new goalkeeper and a backup defender. 

I mentally prepared myself for Theo Walcott, Demarai Gray and Che Adams so I couldn't be disappointed. Yet I'm still disappointed.

How is John Textor viewed among Palace fans? Here in Brazil, Botafogo fans love him. His ownership has made a really positive impact in the club, one must recognize. However, from what I gather, in France OL fans hate his guts. 

Just now, El Profesor said:

How is John Textor viewed among Palace fans? Here in Brazil, Botafogo fans love him. His ownership has made a really positive impact in the club, one must recognize. However, from what I gather, in France OL fans hate his guts. 

He did an interview with The Athletic where he admitted he regrets buying us, so he's not very well thought of.

I've slept on it and I still can't believe it. Anyone who has watched us play at any point since we have been in the Premier League would tell you 'Palace need more players up front'. Yet here we are, signing a sixth centre back so Nathan Ferguson and James Tomkins can resume the roles of cheerleaders.

Holding and Henderson will probably turn out to be good assets and useful characters for a number of years, but to say they weren't a priority is a little but if a understatement.

Every year it feels like we stay up in spite of our owners as opposed to because of our owners. Last year there was genuine discussion over who would finish highest out of us, Aston Villa and Brighton. Now we are light years behind those clubs. The same will probably happen with Bretnford and West Ham over the course of the next twelve months.

Jean-Phillipe Mateta scoring a hat trick against Plymouth was one of the worst things that could have happened to us as it gave us hope there may be something in him. He'd be useful for a relegation battle, but after ten seasons at this level we should be doing better than carrying his four goals a season.

I just feel sorry for Roy Hodgson. In his first season you could see flashes of what he could do with quality players as he had Cabaye and Loftus-Cheek, in the last ten games of last season we saw the same. But when he's manager the board seem to adapt a 'Well Roy will keep us up mentality' and completely let him down every transfer window when it comes to bringing in new players.