Almeria vs Valencia, 20.00

Sunday 24th September, 2023
Real Sociedad vs Getafe, 13.00
Rayo Vallecano vs Villarreal, 15.15
Las Palmas vs Grenada, 17.30
Real Betis vs Cadiz, 17.30
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid, 20.00

@Machado your boy again!

Nice pass from Félix for the 1st as well. I think Lewandowski has now gone 5/6 games scoring in a row now also.

The team played poorly today until Celta's 2nd goal, but then turned it on after that. They have shown character this season so far in games such as this one and away to Villarreal. That's also 13 goals in the last 3 games. Positive signs.

• Upvote 1

Atlético need to beat Real today or they will already be well behind in the title race.

Atléti winning today wouldn't only benefit Barcelona of course, but LaLiga in general.

Real haven't been great so far and are usually winning games after a rebound tap in from Bellingham in injury time. I can't see that lasting too long if they don't improve, as teams in this league can punish you. Then again, they are still winning. Winning while playing can be a sign of character. On the other hand though, you can't always win in the manner they have been doing and this was their undoing last season.

17 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Valencia fucked up what should have been a win today, but a draw isn't a loss and it's been a strong start overall. Being forced to use youth looks to be a blessing in disguise this far. It's possibly what Valencia have needed @Coma

Baraja has injected some pride into the club and I agree that the youth players have a lot to do with that as well. 5th in the table is certainly over-achieving though. Until Lim leaves the club will be handcuffed.

Expected result in Madrid to be honest. Atletico look much more of a team right now. Not convinced with Real Madrid's attacking options.

I agree @Carnivore Chris this Barcelona side seem to have a lot of character, that also comes with experienced players who are used to winning like Gundogan, Cancelo, Lewandoski Wins like this one are only going to improve that too.

17 hours ago, Machado said:

Expected result in Madrid to be honest. Atletico look much more of a team right now. Not convinced with Real Madrid's attacking options.

I agree @Carnivore Chris this Barcelona side seem to have a lot of character, that also comes with experienced players who are used to winning like Gundogan, Cancelo, Lewandoski Wins like this one are only going to improve that too.

It doesn't surprise me though mate. I knew the team would get back to winning ways as soon as Laporta was back.

There isn't a better man for the job and he often seems to get the better of Florentino Pérez.

cancelo-haciendo-gestos-extranos_70.jpg?

He looks like he's on mdma/ecstacy on that pic 

Edit: It turns out he suffers from tics or something, so it's like a nervous thing. Not as noticeable when he's actually talking, but definitely when a pic has been screenshotted at the wrong time. Either way, it's not a big deal for him and I doubt he gives a fuck.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• The topic was unpinned