talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2024 New Features

football forums

https://www.footballmanager.com/features

Here's the road map for new features.

I can't imagine set pieces or player interactions being any worse.

I was expecting tactics to be overhauled with the way modern football has evolved. I imagine the director of football will be utterly hopeless for another year.

I may give it a miss if FM25 will be a big overhaul. The franchise has really rested on its reputation since at least covid.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had a look at all of the new features today.

Some of them are game changing. Others not so much.

The smarter AI transfers will be welcomed. Late bloomers should add so much variation and depth every different save in a positive way. Negative transfer budgets with deadlines make sense. Dynamic TV deals will make smaller league saves more fun. Intermediaries will save time with selling deadwood. More player interaction is needed. The set pieces look like a big improvement but not a unique selling point. Positional play improvements felt essential given the way Pep and Klopp have been using Stones and Trent. The transfer of saves from FM23 is a cool feature too.

I think there's enough to buy a new game but I get why people wouldn't given the rebirth of the series with FM25. It sounds like a bigger upgrade than FM22 and FM23.

I'm going to stick with 23, I've actually been playing my Porto save on 22 for the past few months after picking it back up.

I was really angry at 23, so won't be picking up what will be marginal improvement in 24. 

Will of course be very interested in 25.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived