talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Svensson resigns as Mainz manager

Breaking news. Mainz are currently sitting dead last are without a single Buli win in 9 matches and are dumped out of the cup after losing 0-3 at the hands of Hertha BSC,. So it was only a question of time when he had been sacked. Still resigning on his own and waiving the salary being paid without working is a respectable thing to do. Hats off!

• Sad 2

38 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Still resigning on his own and waiving the salary being paid without working is a respectable thing to do.

Exactly what I'd expect from him. He seems like a likable guy with good morals, so hopefully he'll land back on his feet eventually. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Unfortunately they someone found a win today. Hopefully they don't somehow survive relegation. A club that punishes anyone that criticises the genocide being committed by Nazi Israel deserves no happiness.

Strange comment from you baring in mind you defended the Qatar WC with the words politics had no place in sports.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Strange comment from you baring in mind you defended the Qatar WC with the words politics had no place in sports.

I don't think I've ever said those words as I think it's largely a nonsense saying that no one actually believes in....

The point with the Qatar World Cup was using the term "sports washing" which is largely nonsense, as a reason to be against the Qatar World Cup. Outside of that I actually said it would've been better if it wasn't there as it limited who could go there.

Also, that was about if a tournament could take place in a country that has questionable ethics and how much you take that into consideration when it comes to awarding tournaments and why everything needs to be seen as linked when it comes to non-western countries but not when it comes to western countries.

Even if what you said was true, it still wouldn't make sense. This is about rescinding a player's contract specifically for speaking out in favour of Palestinians. It would've been hypocritical from me if I was in favour of a player having his contract rescinded for criticising the Qatar World Cup but none of that happened. I wouldn't even be in favour of a player having his contract rescinded for showing support to a terrorist state like Israel.

Anyway, nice try. :91_thumbsup:

Edited by 6666
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I don't think I've ever said those words as I think it's largely a nonsense saying that no one actually believes in....

The point with the Qatar World Cup was using the term "sports washing" which is largely nonsense, as a reason to be against the Qatar World Cup. Outside of that I actually said it would've been better if it wasn't there as it limited who could go there.

Also, that was about if a tournament could take place in a country that has questionable ethics and how much you take that into consideration when it comes to awarding tournaments and why everything needs to be seen as linked when it comes to non-western countries but not when it comes to western countries.

Even if what you said was true, it still wouldn't make sense. This is about rescinding a player's contract specifically for speaking out in favour of Palestinians. It would've been hypocritical from me if I was in favour of a player having his contract rescinded for criticising the Qatar World Cup but none of that happened. I wouldn't even be in favour of a player having his contract rescinded for showing support to a terrorist state like Israel.

Anyway, nice try. :91_thumbsup:

Maybe I'm mixing you up with somebody else, still could have sworn it was you, though. As for the other part, if you demand inpartiality on political topics from sports persons it's only concludent to sanction it , if one of them violates it. Wasn't debatting your ethics only the consitency of your argumentation line, by the way.