talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Union Berlin part ways with Urs Fischer - Nenad Bjelica takes over

football forum

• Administrator

Shame it's not worked out for him after last season's success and the rise and rise over the past 5 years. 

I'm guessing it was the difficulty of managing league and Europe so far this season that has been the end of him?

42 minutes ago, Stan said:

Shame it's not worked out for him after last season's success and the rise and rise over the past 5 years. 

I'm guessing it was the difficulty of managing league and Europe so far this season that has been the end of him?

Probably, although I'm not sure he's to blame for it . Union were boxing above their weight for the last 3 seasons and you couldn't expect this to be going on for ever, in my honest opinion.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

I also think that they are paying the price for completely changing their DNA. From underdog who gets the best out of "mediocre" players to Champions League club who signs big names. Probably too many steps at a time. 

• Upvote 3

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Probably, although I'm not sure he's to blame for it . Union were boxing above their weight for the last 3 seasons and you couldn't expect this to be going on for ever, in my honest opinion.

27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I also think that they are paying the price for completely changing their DNA. From underdog who gets the best out of "mediocre" players to Champions League club who signs big names. Probably too many steps at a time. 

It may have been yourself but I remember the Bonucci signing was very much frowned upon and a typical example of the above. 

Good luck to him and I hope Union go back to what made them successful and don't totally ditch their morals.

https://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/2311/Artikel/ehemaliger-berater-von-robert-lewandowski-sorgt-mit-kommentar-zu-union-berlins-neuer-co-trainer-fuer-wirbel-bitte-nicht-noch-den-deutschen-fussball-der-laecherlichkeit-preisgeben.html

Lewandowski's agent talking shit because Union now have a female assistant coach. 

Originally he said "An assistant has to come to the dressing room sometimes as well." and "Please don't make German football even more ridiculous..." 

Imagine you're a woman and worked hard to get your coaching licenses and work your way up in the football world, only to have this fat slimy idiot making these comments nobody even asked him about. 

• Angry 1

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Tommy said:

https://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/2311/Artikel/ehemaliger-berater-von-robert-lewandowski-sorgt-mit-kommentar-zu-union-berlins-neuer-co-trainer-fuer-wirbel-bitte-nicht-noch-den-deutschen-fussball-der-laecherlichkeit-preisgeben.html

Lewandowski's agent talking shit because Union now have a female assistant coach. 

Originally he said "An assistant has to come to the dressing room sometimes as well." and "Please don't make German football even more ridiculous..." 

Imagine you're a woman and worked hard to get your coaching licenses and work your way up in the football world, only to have this fat slimy idiot making these comments nobody even asked him about. 

Comments like this set sport back everytime and unfortunately arent in the minority still. Cavemen. 

• Upvote 2

• The title was changed to Union Berlin part ways with Urs Fischer - Raul set to take over?

Apparently Raul is set to become the new Union coach. Announcement expected on Sunday. 

Sounds like they're still trying hard to become the "Big City Club" instead of focusing on their old philosophy. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Tommy said:

Apparently Raul is set to become the new Union coach. Announcement expected on Sunday. 

Sounds like they're still trying hard to become the "Big City Club" instead of focusing on their old philosophy. 

Apparently Raul won't become the new Union manager. Well, at least, that's what kicker are reporting today.

• The title was changed to Union Berlin part ways with Urs Fischer - Nenad Bjelica takes over