talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolfsburg sack Niko Kovac - Ralph Hasenhüttl takes over

• The title was changed to Wolfsburg sack Niko Kovac - Ralph Hasenhüttl set to take over
  • The title was changed to Wolfsburg sack Niko Kovac - Ralph Hasenhüttl takes over
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Coma said:

@Tommywhat artist did that painting for your avatar.  I've seen that before and I love it.

Jan Vermeer! The Girl with a Pearl Earring. I'm fascinated by it. It was painted almost 400 years ago, and she just looks like a girl next door you'd see at the bus stop any time. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Jan Vermeer! The Girl with a Pearl Earring. I'm fascinated by it. It was painted almost 400 years ago, and she just looks like a girl next door you'd see at the bus stop any time. 

The use of shadow in that painting is absolutely amazing.  I remember seeing it a while ago and thinking how real it looked.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Coma said:

The use of shadow in that painting is absolutely amazing.  I remember seeing it a while ago and thinking how real it looked.

Light and shadows were definitely things that made Vermeer stand out. 

800px-Jan_Vermeer_van_Delft_-_Brieflezen

1280px-Vermeer-view-of-delft.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Coma said:

Can't believe they kept Kovac on for so long.  They have been awful for pretty much the entire season.

Wolfsburg started the season very well, with 4 wins in their first 6 Bundesliga matches, but after that, they have been dreadful. In fact they've not won a single match in their last 11 Bundesliga games. So I agree, I don't understand why it took the board so long to replace Kovac, as it clearly wasn't working for him as manager of Wolfsburg.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Michael said:

Wolfsburg started the season very well, with 4 wins in their first 6 Bundesliga matches, but after that, they have been dreadful. In fact they've not won a single match in their last 11 Bundesliga games. So I agree, I don't understand why it took the board so long to replace Kovac, as it clearly wasn't working for him as manager of Wolfsburg.

I dont think you got the memo. Kovac isnt up for debate anymore, this is an art thread now. Specifically a Jan Vermeer thread; whom of course I had heard of before this :whistling: