Newport vs Accrington Stanley
Wrexham vs Crawley

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

This is the sort of fixture that would be extremely us to totally flunk, but you do get the feeling we've gotten back into our rhythm somewhat in the past week. He's even talking about bloody rotating the team again and I mean that in a positive way. He was playing it superbly early season often making 5/6 changes for a midweek game and seeing next to no dropoff.

I think this has potential to be a bad night but I want to think we brush it aside like we did early season. They've stepped it up the past couple of games and I've not been used to that from us in this month of the season.

I'll be optimistic and say 0-2 win, after weeks of saying we'll lose this 1-0.

• Administrator

Horrendous. 

Too many cunts in this team that are just here for the ride and seemingly don't actually give a shit. They can fuck right off. 

• Administrator

Even more angry that Leeds only drew, too. Could have been 4pts ahead going into the weekend's games.

Shock horror this side refuses to take up the opportunity to get closer to promotion. I don't even think we'll win on Friday against Plymouth. 

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Dan said:

This is the sort of fixture that would be extremely us to totally flunk, but you do get the feeling we've gotten back into our rhythm somewhat in the past week. He's even talking about bloody rotating the team again and I mean that in a positive way. He was playing it superbly early season often making 5/6 changes for a midweek game and seeing next to no dropoff.

I think this has potential to be a bad night but I want to think we brush it aside like we did early season. They've stepped it up the past couple of games and I've not been used to that from us in this month of the season.

I'll be optimistic and say 0-2 win, after weeks of saying we'll lose this 1-0.

Never ignore your gut instinct. Fuck off Leicester.

I wasn't gonna lay into them Saturday but tonight they can get fucked. Sunderland, or rather, Jack Clarke FC have absolutely nothing about them.

Farke waiting till 80mins for a triple sub when we hadn't managed a single shot on target or created anything of note is ridiculous. He should have changed way sooner. That result is on him.

Bamford, start after start and is a virtual passenger. What's he giving to the team to justify this? It can't keep happening.

Leeds always, ALWAYS do this. That's why we have a song about us falling apart. The club's never handled the pressure down the years.

And you just know Ipswich win in 90+3 tomorrow. See it a mile off.

On a side note, these officials are absolute dogshit. I'm fed up with seeing penalties turned away and we've had two tonight for clear and obvious handball, including this 2nd one. Not one person hasn't said it wasn't, so infuriating.

But penalties aside, we didn't do enough. Just look a complete different side since Internationals and that break may well have ruined our flow.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

Less impressed with Maresca by the week. It really is like he's just downloaded a tactic on FM, plugged it in and stuck it on holiday mode for a year. The efficiency has worn off, there's no surprise element, our patterns are predictable. We're just so sickeningly casual about it all. We've been doing this nonsense for years now and he's added to the problem rather than fixed it.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

I wasn't gonna lay into them Saturday but tonight they can get fucked. Sunderland, or rather, Jack Clarke FC have absolutely nothing about them.

Farke waiting till 80mins for a triple sub when we hadn't managed a single shot on target or created anything of note is ridiculous. He should have changed way sooner. That result is on him.

Bamford, start after start and is a virtual passenger. What's he giving to the team to justify this? It can't keep happening.

Leeds always, ALWAYS do this. That's why we have a song about us falling apart. The club's never handled the pressure down the years.

And you just know Ipswich win in 90+3 tomorrow. See it a mile off.

On a side note, these officials are absolute dogshit. I'm fed up with seeing penalties turned away and we've had two tonight for clear and obvious handball, including this 2nd one. Not one person hasn't said it wasn't, so infuriating.

But penalties aside, we didn't do enough. Just look a complete different side since Internationals and that break may well have ruined our flow.

Ipswich are the best side in this league. I accepted this weeks ago. I wonder if Southampton aren't quite out of the auto race yet. I think another week like this midweek happens at the weekend and they will smell blood - particularly given they play us both.

• Subscriber

Fans have properly turned on Maresca. Plenty saying they want him gone even if we go up. To be honest I agree. I saw potential early doors but he's so brazenly one dimensional it's unreal. You might get away with that when you have at absolute worst the 2nd best squad in the division. Well I'd say it's highly unlikely he has that regardless of the league we're in next season.

We're on a crash course for sure. Best line I read to describe him was he sets the ships course and then just never steers it. Guardiola, who is clearly his inspiration, does not do this. He has multiple plans. He retains tactical principles, but he does not stick doing the same thing every single game, no matter who the opposition, no matter who the personnel he has available.

I don't think our fans as a collective have really been on board from day one and I think that's usually a telltale sign. Time does do its thing. I've been behind him for most of the season but he's lost me in recent weeks. There are literally no signs of development to him whatsoever. I've cracked it and that's that. He'll learn the hard way.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Ipswich are the best side in this league. I accepted this weeks ago. I wonder if Southampton aren't quite out of the auto race yet. I think another week like this midweek happens at the weekend and they will smell blood - particularly given they play us both.

I dunno if I can get on board with that. We've stuck four goals past them in two games. Six points. It was pretty convincing so for me we are definitely a better side than them. They've not beaten yourselves either where as we have twice.

Outplayed by Southampton that Monday last week and only won due to Saints missing chances and getting a dubious Red Card. Hanging on at Blackburn the game before that. They have very good character and team spirit but not a better side.

But I don't think Ipswich have to contend with the same factors that we do, and I'd include yourselves in with us too as you carry weight in this league too with what you've done in recent history.

For example, Sunderland, absolutely nothing to play for last night but come to Elland Road to park the bus and not get beat because they are playing a big side at a prestegious ground with a superious home record. They would rather do that than go for a win. They celebrated  point at the end which vindicates my point. There's no way they have that same approach at Ipswich, it's not quite the same buzz the opposition get.

I think the pressure we put on ourselves (as well as the media) also is huge because of our expectancy levels and what comes with representing the club, where as that's not the case with Ipswich. They literally have nothing to lose and no expectations. They are an underdog and they are playing that tune well.

Let's also remember that when you get promoted from League One, you often run the wave and have a good season in the Championship if you got something about you. No upheaval at their club in the summer, able to get a good start on the board and continue momentum. We weren't able to even settle with a team till October with all that's happened at the club post relegation/takeover, so we've had a lot of ground to make up.

But all that said, you have to accept all this stuff when you come down to this level. At the end of the day, we have bigger squads, more money. We are a prize scalp for the others in the league and everyone else tries that extra bit harder against you.

I know there is the old addage of "if X finish higher they must be the better team" but I simply can't buy into that with Ipswich. They've got lucky so many times.

But they are in a position where it's all in front of them and if they hold their nerve, they've done incredibly well and they will have deserved it.

But better team? Not for me.

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

know there is the old addage of "if X finish higher they must be the better team" but I simply can't buy into that with Ipswich. They've got lucky so many times. But they are in a position where it's all in front of them and if they hold their nerve, they've done incredibly well

Seriously lucky. 

There's an element of 'make your own luck' but also the amount of decisions they get in their favour or deflections they get is crazy. 

• Administrator

West Brom get a penalty. 

Only problem being that the offence was outside the box and the ball hit the players head xD

• Administrator

And Keith Stroud gives a penalty for a foul outside the box. Good penalty by Grimes though. 

This win probably secures Swansea's safety. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

None of the top 3 scoring or winning is mad. 

Southampton will be ruing that draw at Blackburn particularly after seeing the way they've folded tonight, because they're probably that bit too far off being able to claw their way into this. But you never know.

All of that about the points tallies the top four were on course for and it now looks extremely unlikely anybody gets to 100.

• The topic was unpinned