talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Acolyte (2024)

football forums

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Mrs Fett? :ph34r:lol

Bounty hunters and smugglers have always been the coolest Star Wars characters, and that's a fact 😎

48 minutes ago, nudge said:

Bounty hunters and smugglers have always been the coolest Star Wars characters, and that's a fact 😎

100% ^_^ ..looking forward to the new outlaws game too, you really can be a women making her way in the universe 😛

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

100% ^_^ ..looking forward to the new outlaws game too, you really can be a women making her way in the universe 😛

Yes! I am soooo looking forward to that game, even got a new gaming laptop just to be able to play it once it's released xD 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes! I am soooo looking forward to that game, even got a new gaming laptop just to be able to play it once it's released xD 

Oh, posh! 😎 hope it runs well for you. I'll probably try it on my Rog ally docked with a monitor & keyboard, it runs Star Citizen kind of lol but that's an un optimised mess still in Alpha it jumps around from 5fps to 60fps depending what mood its in ha

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Oh, posh! 😎 hope it runs well for you. I'll probably try it on my Rog ally docked with a monitor & keyboard, it runs Star Citizen kind of lol but that's an un optimised mess still in Alpha it jumps around from 5fps to 60fps depending what mood its in ha

Predicted system requirements look very accessible, tbh, so I am hopeful that it will run well. I don't mind having to lower some graphics settings if need be either, what matters is that the game's fun! I am currently replaying Jedi: The Fallen Order and will move straight to Survivor afterwards, that should keep me busy until Outlaws lol

40 minutes ago, nudge said:

Predicted system requirements look very accessible, tbh, so I am hopeful that it will run well. I don't mind having to lower some graphics settings if need be either, what matters is that the game's fun! I am currently replaying Jedi: The Fallen Order and will move straight to Survivor afterwards, that should keep me busy until Outlaws lol

Fingers crossed 🤞 if not you can get some good deals on the series X now. Recently finished Survivor myself, not huge on platform climbing games but enjoyed the story and the cameo of Boba Fett B|

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

@nudge been thinking, could Qimir not be a sith but a Knight of ren? That helmet & armour kind of looks like what they wear, maybe he was the first one

That sounds plausible, especially since he said that he is "what Jedi WOULD call a Sith" - which doesn't sound like a confirmation that he is an actual Sith, but rather a vague answer to avoid revealing his true identity. His philosophy of wanting the freedom to wield the force however he likes kinda fits into that, too! 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

That sounds plausible, especially since he said that he is "what Jedi WOULD call a Sith" - which doesn't sound like a confirmation that he is an actual Sith, but rather a vague answer to avoid revealing his true identity. His philosophy of wanting the freedom to wield the force however he likes kinda fits into that, too! 

Hopefully we find out more this week, will be listening for the Qimir using the word shadow, that's what the knights called the force

• Subscriber

So, we've now got to the interesting part of the show, the talk between the pupils and the masters. A Sith sounds more convincing than a Jedi who seems to have some dark secret he's not willing to let go. I honestly feel like they could have spent the whole episode between Osha and the Sith (calling him that for now) and it would have been just as good a what they put out. 

He's dying for a pupil and I am not entirely sure why. Maybe it's to fulfill the balance but there's more here considering he mentions he's an ex-Jedi so someone on the other side knows who he is. What's even more interesting is how he subtly tries to imply he's really old when Osha asks him who he is and says she's never heard of him. 

Mae is definitely going to have a turn at some point with the way Sol is talking to her. I don't think we needed the scene with Osha wearing the helmet because honestly it sort of alludes to the fact that she's going to turn. 

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the last episode was one of my favorite SW moments but what's interesting about this episode is that they show Osha first mention the Jedi principles and then totally abandon them and if that isn't a sign she's the Acolyte or is going to be I don't know what to say although they could just be leading us on. The only problem with this is that we haven't seen Osha go through the kind of problems Luke went through when he met Yoda and how iconic that entire phase of the Skywalker saga is. Osha has shown zero struggle and now is put with a person who will eventually become her master if things go the way we think they will and I just can't see how anyone should be invested in it. Infact, if you got rid of the twins and just had the Jedi hunting this Sith down as he hunted for a pupil it would be just as cool a show imo. 

Finally, how nice to see a whip weapon and I can't wait to see that Jedi get her head kick-rolled into oblivion. 

I'm interested in the Sith's past, and what made him leave the Jedi. 

And they keep blueballing us about what happened on Osha's planet when she was a kid. God damnit. 

Also fuck that annoying rat looking thing with his constant sniffing.

• Subscriber

Ok, so after watching this latest episode, my current theory is that 

Spoiler

Qimir has been a Jedi a long time ago, trained by Vernestra and banished out of Jedi Order for his connection with the Dark side. That scar on his back looks very much like her lightsaber whip... He then became an apprentice to a Sith Lord, and was eventually rejected too, so now he is searching for an acolyte himself, to create a new line of rogue dark force users, which we'll later know as the knights of Ren. I feel this is all a manipulation by the actual Sith, a part of their grand plan to end the Jedi. I still think - or hope - that Darth Tenebrous is the one in the shadows.

Also the unknown planet where Qimir brought Osha to reminded me a lot of Ach-to! I don't know if it's gonna be it, or if the similarity is just a coincidence or on purpose. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Also Manny Jacinto is officially my favourite dark force user of all time. Can't believe we were almost allowed to witness Sith buttocks in all glory... 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Ok, so after watching this latest episode, my current theory is that 

Hide contents

Qimir has been a Jedi a long time ago, trained by Vernestra and banished out of Jedi Order for his connection with the Dark side. That scar on his back looks very much like her lightsaber whip... He then became an apprentice to a Sith Lord, and was eventually rejected too, so now he is searching for an acolyte himself, to create a new line of rogue dark force users, which we'll later know as the knights of Ren. I feel this is all a manipulation by the actual Sith, a part of their grand plan to end the Jedi. I still think - or hope - that Darth Tenebrous is the one in the shadows.

Also the unknown planet where Qimir brought Osha to reminded me a lot of Ach-to! I don't know if it's gonna be it, or if the similarity is just a coincidence or on purpose. 

Our thoughts align.

Spoiler

Rejected by both he's looking to form his own group which will become the knights of ren and he's on the island that was the birthplace of the Jedi Order which held ancient Jedi text, the fact that they added the subtitle "unknown planet" they are not being very subtle :4_joy: ..i'm waiting for a plot twist somewhere, it's all predictable so far but that could come with like you say, a Sith pulling the strings in the back ground.  Sol is acting a bit strange too :35_thinking: 

Edited by Happy Blue

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Our thoughts align.

Hide contents

Rejected by both he's looking to form his own group which will become the knights of ren and he's on the island that was the birthplace of the Jedi Order which held ancient Jedi text, the fact that they added the subtitle "unknown planet" they are not being very subtle :4_joy: ..i'm waiting for a plot twist somewhere, it's all predictable so far but that could come with like you say, a Sith pulling the strings in the back ground.  Sol is acting a bit strange too :35_thinking: 

Think Sol's weird behavior is because he's conflicted about following a decision he may not have been comfortable with, and he then trained Osha as a way to deal with his own involvement. I really hope we don't get the Knights of Ren and instead get a Sith trying to be a ... Sith. The fact that he can't get a pupil and is longing for one to complete his own wishes should never happen so that we see him try and try and try. Whether we get an overarching Sith pulling the strings is just icing on the cake because now you have a character with actual purpose and you can just swap out the rest of the cast/situations to keep driving the story in any way you want. The only problem with my wish is that he's already alluded to the fact that he isn't a Sith but something of the sorts. 

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Hide contents

Think Sol's weird behavior is because he's conflicted about following a decision he may not have been comfortable with, and he then trained Osha as a way to deal with his own involvement. I really hope we don't get the Knights of Ren and instead get a Sith trying to be a ... Sith. The fact that he can't get a pupil and is longing for one to complete his own wishes should never happen so that we see him try and try and try. Whether we get an overarching Sith pulling the strings is just icing on the cake because now you have a character with actual purpose and you can just swap out the rest of the cast/situations to keep driving the story in any way you want. The only problem with my wish is that he's already alluded to the fact that he isn't a Sith but something of the sorts. 

Star-Wars-9-Knights-of-Ren-Empire.avif

Spoiler

Could be, will be interesting to see where Sol's story leads. Qimir's connection to the Knights of Ren is more likely than the Sith, as his appearance, helmet, and actions align with the Knights, he's also acting very much like Kylo who was also a Knight and not a Sith. much of Qimir's dialogue is similar to what Kylo Ren tells Rey during his shirtless scene. Qimir tries to convince Osha that the Jedi cast her aside, therefore she should stop considering herself a Jedi and letting their rules hold her back. It feels like Qimir's words were taken straight from Kylo Ren's speech about Rey's parents throwing her away like garbage and her need to seek them in everyone else. Qimir and Kylo Ren have the same philosophy of letting go of the past to become the person you were meant to be, id be more surprised if he's a sith at this point.

Also Qimir's helmet fits the general style of the Knights of Ren, while his sleeveless tunic is visually similar to Ren, the man who led them hence the name. The helmet is also destroyed like Kylo Ren's in The Last Jedi, and the scene where Qimir repairs it is reminiscent of Kylo Ren's being repaired on Exegol in The Rise of Skywalker. The origin of the Knights of Ren has never been fully explored in canon, meaning Qimir could be the first. The amount of Kylo Ren setup in The Acolyte definitely suggests that this is Star Wars' plan for Qimir.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Star-Wars-9-Knights-of-Ren-Empire.avif

Hide contents

Could be, will be interesting to see where Sol's story leads. Qimir's connection to the Knights of Ren is more likely than the Sith, as his appearance, helmet, and actions align with the Knights, he's also acting very much like Kylo who was also a Knight and not a Sith. much of Qimir's dialogue is similar to what Kylo Ren tells Rey during his shirtless scene. Qimir tries to convince Osha that the Jedi cast her aside, therefore she should stop considering herself a Jedi and letting their rules hold her back. It feels like Qimir's words were taken straight from Kylo Ren's speech about Rey's parents throwing her away like garbage and her need to seek them in everyone else. Qimir and Kylo Ren have the same philosophy of letting go of the past to become the person you were meant to be, id be more surprised if he's a sith at this point.

Also Qimir's helmet fits the general style of the Knights of Ren, while his sleeveless tunic is visually similar to Ren, the man who led them hence the name. The helmet is also destroyed like Kylo Ren's in The Last Jedi, and the scene where Qimir repairs it is reminiscent of Kylo Ren's being repaired on Exegol in The Rise of Skywalker. The origin of the Knights of Ren has never been fully explored in canon, meaning Qimir could be the first. The amount of Kylo Ren setup in The Acolyte definitely suggests that this is Star Wars' plan for Qimir.

And one more thing to support your theory - the Kylo Ren theme playing over the credits in this episodes, and a few times in previous episodes, too

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

And one more thing to support your theory - the Kylo Ren theme playing over the credits in this episodes, and a few times in previous episodes, too

Oh good spot, i never watch the credits so totally missed that. i guess at this point we are just waiting for Qimir to reveal his real name is Ren :4_joy:

• Subscriber

Did the Knights also have the need for apprentices? I can't seem to remember that being part of the plan but maybe they just retrofit it into the story as he tried to be his master and then failed and decided to go on his own path.

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Did the Knights also have the need for apprentices? I can't seem to remember that being part of the plan but maybe they just retrofit it into the story as he tried to be his master and then failed and decided to go on his own path.

I honestly don't know, and while I'd personally prefer that Qimir were a true Sith instead of the founder of the Knights of Ren, the hints seem to suggest that's the direction the show's going. We'll see soon enough, one way or another.

Regarding the need of apprentices: Qimir seems to be hellbound on the "power of two", which reminds me a lot of the Force Dyad that Kylo Ren wanted to form with Rey. Could be something similar to what we're dealing with here

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Our thoughts align.

Hide contents

I have just read the interview with the showrunner, and she confirmed that the unknown planet is actually NOT Ahch-To! She also said that the main point is that cortosis is being mined on this planet, which leads us to something very exciting, if it is true:

In Legends, Bal'demnic was the planet with rich cortosis deposits, and had a very similar geography as was shown in the latest episode - rocky, island like, surrounded by oceans. But the most exciting part about it is that Bal'demnic became important when its cortosis deposits were discovered by Darth Tenebrous and Darth Plagueis!!! Which, in turn, gives me hope that Darth Tenebrous will be introduced as the Sith Lord in this show! 

I actually started re-reading the Darth Plagueis book today to see if I can find any more links and spin potential new theories, lol xD Maybe Qimir turns out to be a canon version of Venamis, Darth Tenabrous secret apprentice that he taught in violation of The Rule of Two. That would kinda fit into the theory that he was rejected by both Jedi and then Sith, since Darth Tenebrous had Plagueis as his official apprentice already. If we add the Knights of Ren into the picture, it would actually make sense that they originated from a secret illegitimate apprentice of a Sith Lord, lol.

43 minutes ago, nudge said:

I have just read the interview with the showrunner, and she confirmed that the unknown planet is actually NOT Ahch-To! She also said that the main point is that cortosis is being mined on this planet, which leads us to something very exciting, if it is true:

In Legends, Bal'demnic was the planet with rich cortosis deposits, and had a very similar geography as was shown in the latest episode - rocky, island like, surrounded by oceans. But the most exciting part about it is that Bal'demnic became important when its cortosis deposits were discovered by Darth Tenebrous and Darth Plagueis!!! Which, in turn, gives me hope that Darth Tenebrous will be introduced as the Sith Lord in this show! 

I actually started re-reading the Darth Plagueis book today to see if I can find any more links and spin potential new theories, lol xD Maybe Qimir turns out to be a canon version of Venamis, Darth Tenabrous secret apprentice that he taught in violation of The Rule of Two. That would kinda fit into the theory that he was rejected by both Jedi and then Sith, since Darth Tenebrous had Plagueis as his official apprentice already. If we add the Knights of Ren into the picture, it would actually make sense that they originated from a secret illegitimate apprentice of a Sith Lord, lol.

Interesting theory. Was Bal'demnic unknown though as it was in clone wars? but if it is that planet in the Darth Plagueis novel, Plagueis killed his master Darth Tenebrous whilst they visited a Cortosis mine, would be great to see them in the show 😎 ..yes it would make sense ha, hopefully this is the way it plays out 😁