• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2024 - Austrian GP - 28-30th June

• The title was changed to F1 2024 - Austrian GP - 28-30th June
  • The topic was pinned
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Checo on the other hand... 

If anything he's the ideal, albeit not perfect, 2nd driver. Stays out of trouble and allows attention to be on Max. The perfect 2nd driver disrupts the #1s driver's rivals, in my opinion. Perez is just...there.

16 hours ago, Stan said:

If anything he's the ideal, albeit not perfect, 2nd driver. Stays out of trouble and allows attention to be on Max. The perfect 2nd driver disrupts the #1s driver's rivals, in my opinion. Perez is just...there.

Good for harmony. But if it's close next season then it'll affect them for the constructors, and even could this season. If Lando is in a title fight with him next season. It'll leave Max vs 2 McLarens as more often than not. Piastri is often up there, this can give others teams a strategy advantage.

37 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Good for harmony. But if it's close next season then it'll affect them for the constructors, and even could this season. If Lando is in a title fight with him next season. It'll leave Max vs 2 McLarens as more often than not. Piastri is often up there, this can give others teams a strategy advantage.

@Stan, But your post shows the other side of things 🤣. 2 top drivers can bite you in the arse. Especially if they fight each other.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Race was over as soon as Norris lost position to Oscar. I'm all for fair play between team mates but McLaren currently have the joint fastest car and they need to start being ruthless if they want to beat Max. Why they didn't swap the cars when they were 2.5s off the lead is absolutely beyond me, and then swap them back on the last lap if Lando couldn't catch up. Leaving things the way they were just guaranteed they'd get 2nd and 3rd and nothing better.

55 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Race was over as soon as Norris lost position to Oscar. I'm all for fair play between team mates but McLaren currently have the joint fastest car and they need to start being ruthless if they want to beat Max. Why they didn't swap the cars when they were 2.5s off the lead is absolutely beyond me, and then swap them back on the last lap if Lando couldn't catch up. Leaving things the way they were just guaranteed they'd get 2nd and 3rd and nothing better.

Yep.