talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2024 - Hungarian GP - 19th to 21st July

Anyone one else really excited about this race? I like the track and there have been good races in recent years. Am curious if Ferrari will do better at a slower track with more slow speed corners? They were good at Monaco - any rain?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

Perez would probably welcome the chop at this point. I saw a rumour during the week that they're going to give Yuki a chance at Red Bull, put Lawson and Hadjar in the RBs and dump Ricciardo.

I expect them to do some sort of swap in the summer break. Interesting to see whether Perez sees out the year in the junior team or they put Lawson in.

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

they're going to give Yuki a chance at Red Bull

Well I think he just decreased his chances. 😂

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Perez would probably welcome the chop at this point. I saw a rumour during the week that they're going to give Yuki a chance at Red Bull, put Lawson and Hadjar in the RBs and dump Ricciardo.

I expect them to do some sort of swap in the summer break. Interesting to see whether Perez sees out the year in the junior team or they put Lawson in.

Think he's a bit old for circumcision.

9 hours ago, Panflute said:

Pérez should just be put out of his misery. This is an embarassment and doing insane damage to his reputation.

We all have our own opinions on him. But I've never really rated him or saw him as anything special.

• Subscriber

Perez is a solid and opportunistic midfield driver in the same category as Bottas, Hulkenberg, etc. He was never going to trouble Max as a team mate overall. It seems that Red Bull always develop the car to suit Verstappen's unique driving style and naturally this causes the other driver to look increasingly poor because most of them drive nothing like Max.

Gasly, Albon and Perez are all decent F1 drivers if not elite. None of them are over half a second worse than any other driver on the grid on average. It all seems to be about Max's driving style. If you put him and Perez in two Mercedes or two Aston Martins I think Max would still do a better job but only by 2 or 3 tenths of a second per lap.

Perez clearly has lost his head though. These crashes are a symptom of a driver who's lost all confidence and is trying too hard because he feels like he has to risk everything just to get within half a second of his team mate.

4 hours ago, MUFC said:

We all have our own opinions on him. But I've never really rated him or saw him as anything special.

He doesn't need to be anything special, but if he keeps this up he's going to leave F1 with the same reputation as Latifi.