Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

La Liga - Week 25 Fixtures - 21-26th February, 2018

Wednesday 21st February, 2018
Leganes vs Real Madrid, 17.45

Friday 23rd February, 2018
Deportivo La Coruna vs Espanyol, 20.00

Saturday 24th February, 2018
Celta Vigo vs Eibar, 12.00
Real Madrid vs Alaves, 15.15
Leganes vs Las Palmas, 17.30
Barcelona vs Girona, 19.45

Sunday 25th February, 2018
Villarreal vs Getafe, 11.00
Athletic Bilbao vs Malaga, 15.15
Valencia vs Real Sociedad, 17.30
Sevilla vs Atletico Madrid, 19.45

Monday 26th February, 2018
Levante vs Real Betis, 20.00

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wednesday 21st February, 2018
Levante vs Real Madrid, 17.45

Isn't this a Week 23 fixture? :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, Eco said:

Isn't this a Week 23 fixture? :ph34r:

well done, you won for spotting the delibrate mistake :D 

PossibleWaryAustraliansilkyterrier-max-1

• Haha 1

Great match Sunday between Sevilla and Atletico Madrid :twothumbsup:

Goal LEGANES!!

Bit of a goalmouth scramble results in Bustinza blocking a goal-line clearance with his head and it goes in! 

One of the weirdest goals I've seen but it's deserved!

Barely 4 minutes later and Madrid back on level terms! Kovacic sends a through ball in to Lucas Vazquez and the attacking midfielder has no problem in tucking it away to get the scores level. 1-1. 

Simply brilliant goal by Madrid to take the lead.

Benzema, Casemiro and Isco all involved in a quick passing move on the edge of the box. Ends up with Casemiro finishing off first-time just inside the box. 1-2. 

That chance to score for Leganés for their second was blatant and would’ve changed everything. Tue score line hides many things.

Thus far this Celta match has been pretty bland.

Clearly the best chance there for Maxi to put Celta up, but he absolutely punted that ball into the 15th row.

Really well movement and ultimate goal by Celta.

1-0 Vigo

Beautiful counter attack leads to an easy finish for Celta.

2-0 Celta Vigo out in front.

I'm surprised how bad Eibar looked - I expected better from them, but I'm not even sure they had a half decent chance the whole game, and Celta could have scored at least 2 more.

37 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm surprised how bad Eibar looked - I expected better from them, but I'm not even sure they had a half decent chance the whole game, and Celta could have scored at least 2 more.

Eibar suffered last week against Barcelona. They put a hell of a lot into that game and even though they lost (Eibar), it could’ve been very different. Their coach said after the game that the team was exhausted and that he didn’t have a squad deep enough to rotate.

In saying that, when Celta are on song, few can do them. Even both Barcelona and Real Madrid lose many times to them. 

atrocious start from Barcelona :(

Girona pump a ball up. Umtiti and Ter Stegen get in a mix up which leaves Portu with a shot on goal and his shot goes in off the near post. 

1-0 to Girona!

LUIS SUAREZ GOAL!

Instant equaliser and 1-1 after 5 minutes!

Played through by Messi and he makes no mistake in sticking it in the back of the net.

Regarding Girona's goal, was also very sloppy from Busquets trying a back heel which would never have come off and giving the ball away. 

MESSI! xD. Ridiculous. 

Rakitic long ball to Suarez, lays it to Messi. Anyone else would shoot first time. Cuts inside, dummies and takes on 2 players and gets a shot away too powerful for the keeper. Even if any other player got to his shooting position they'd still most likely screw it up. 

LIONEL FUCKING MESSI.

Hits a free-kick under the wall and now has a brace. 3-1. 

Goat. 

Barca turning on the style now to make it 4-1. Messi drives from the half-way line, plays in Coutinho to then lay it on a plate for Suarez. 

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Fuck me, that free kick from Messi was astounding. 

That free kick was something else!!!!

always knew @SirBalon was racist. Ignoring my comments acting like I'm not here. shocking stuff tbh. 

• Sad 1

that is sensational from Coutinho. What a way to get your first goal.

Suarez hat-trick! 6-1! 

Dembele assist. First good thing he's done all game. 

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

always knew @SirBalon was racist. Ignoring my comments acting like I'm not here. shocking stuff tbh. 

I answered Cannabis coz it was the last post mate. xD

Got to be honest that I didn’t expect something as blatant as this result against Girona.

Barça’s form is rather curious in truth. They’ve been very consistent as far as results go this season but within that we’ve seen major ups and many professional performances without too much flair. I can’t work out where these massive performances come from. 

Well - heavy rains are in the forecast here in Atlanta, which means that my race tomorrow may be cancelled. The even BETTER news is that this means I'll be able to watch the Sevilla vs Atletico match.

Let's pray for rain

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Eco said:

Well - heavy rains are in the forecast here in Atlanta, which means that my race tomorrow may be cancelled. The even BETTER news is that this means I'll be able to watch the Sevilla vs Atletico match.

Let's pray for rain

I think you’re able to watch more La Liga football than me mate. xD

34 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

We've said many teams this season that Barcelona have put in a ''professional performance'' without smashing teams out of the park. Yesterday however was exactly that and very surprising against what is a well drilled Girona side. Had the away side held that 1-0 lead for a bit longer then things might have been different but obviously that wasn't the case. 

When the likes of Suarez, Messi and Coutinho all ''tick'' then there's really nothing the opposition can do. Nobody would have saved Messi's ''low'' free-kick and nobody would have saved Coutinho's long range effort. The other goals you can try to dissect but again, this is Barcelona and on their day they're unplayable. 

The great thing about that game where Barça is concerned is that we had all the typical types of Barcelona-esque goals you would traditionally tend to see in one game. The only goal missing was a header, but headers aren't exactly the "Barça Way" but under Valverde we have seen more recently. Great combo play, shots and high pressing.  All there!