The better place to talk football.

Cincinnati to join MLS in 2019

football forum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

How do you reckon they will do?

Ah - not great. Cinncy is a nice place and all, but their teams usually don't draw well. 

However, the same could have been said for Atlanta, and so I hope they do alright, their current team in the lower league is somewhat popular, so maybe it'll transcend well into the MLS game. 

I would like them to sign a bunch of Peruvians. If they want to go the Atlanta road, then they could sign Miguel Araujo, Sergio Peña, Cristian Benavente, or if they want to go the MLS retirement league route that Chicago is on, they could take Alberto Rodriguez, Jefferson Farfan or Juan Manuel Vargas. Not too sure what the Peruvian community is like there, probably not as high as in Florida or New York but its a great market for these players and now that we are in the World Cup, even more useful for them.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why does Ohio have so many sports teams?

3 Majors cities in one state certainly helps. 

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

And why do they all suck? (Bar Cavs)

My word you are absolutely clueless. 

Ohio State is one of the best sports universities in the country
Cleveland Indians made it to the World Series 2 years ago
Cleveland Cavs you already mentioned
Columbus Blue Jackets are a playoff team
Columbus Crew made it to the Conference Finals last year. 
Cincinnati Bengals made it to the playoffs 2 years ago
Cincinnati Reds have won 2 Division Titles in the last 8 years

It's like you don't even care anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

3 Majors cities in one state certainly helps. 

My word you are absolutely clueless. 

Ohio State is one of the best sports universities in the country
Cleveland Indians made it to the World Series 2 years ago
Cleveland Cavs you already mentioned
Columbus Blue Jackets are a playoff team
Columbus Crew made it to the Conference Finals last year. 
Cincinnati Bengals made it to the playoffs 2 years ago
Cincinnati Reds have won 2 Division Titles in the last 8 years

It's like you don't even care anymore. 

You don't need to criticize, thanks.

1. I don't care about college sports.

2. I have always been under the impression that Cleveland teams sucked. That's about as familiar as I am with Ohio.

Just now, Blue said:

You don't need to criticize, thanks.

1. I don't care about college sports.

2. I have always been under the impression that Cleveland teams sucked. That's about as familiar as I am with Ohio.

Well as a 'journalist', you'd think you would do a quick google search of all the sports teams in Ohio (not just Cleveland), and do 5 minutes of research. 

Just now, Eco said:

Well as a 'journalist'

That's always the excuse no? xD don't even bitch at me about this argument as you instigated it with your unneccessary abrasiveness. I'm a journalist, yes. I'm also human and don't know everything on the planet. Also, this isn't my job (I'm unemployed now but you get the point). I couldn't care less about researching to not get criticized on a forum. I've been under the impression the Cleveland teams sucked, and for most of history they have. 

Who said I was an expert on all sports? Grow up son.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

That's always the excuse no? xD don't even bitch at me about this argument as you instigated it with your unneccessary abrasiveness. I'm a journalist, yes. I'm also human and don't know everything on the planet. Also, this isn't my job (I'm unemployed now but you get the point). I couldn't care less about researching to not get criticized on a forum. I've been under the impression the Cleveland teams sucked, and for most of history they have. 

Who said I was an expert on all sports? Grow up son.

Triggered. 

You added your comment, therefore you involved yourself into a topic you admit to know nothing about (and you 'couldn't care less'). My point is that why even add your two cents anyways. 

I'll humor you though, Cleveland gets a bad rap because it's a pretty rough city, and they have the worst team in the history of the NFL. Ohio though, has 3 major cities in Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Columbus. If you just want to discuss Professional Sports, Columbus has 2 (Blue Jackets and Crew), Cincinnati now has 3 (Reds, Bengals, and FC), and Cleveland have 3 (Indians, Cavs, and Browns). 

When Spike asked about why Ohio has so many teams, I mentioned because all 3 of these cities are larger-ish. 

Again, Cleveland don't suck. The Browns are on the rise, but if Lebron leaves the Cavs as expected, they will become the NBA laughing stock they once were. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Triggered. 

You added your comment, therefore you involved yourself into a topic you admit to know nothing about (and you 'couldn't care less'). My point is that why even add your two cents anyways. 

I'll humor you though, Cleveland gets a bad rap because it's a pretty rough city, and they have the worst team in the history of the NFL. Ohio though, has 3 major cities in Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Columbus. If you just want to discuss Professional Sports, Columbus has 2 (Blue Jackets and Crew), Cincinnati now has 3 (Reds, Bengals, and FC), and Cleveland have 3 (Indians, Cavs, and Browns). 

When Spike asked about why Ohio has so many teams, I mentioned because all 3 of these cities are larger-ish. 

Again, Cleveland don't suck. The Browns are on the rise, but if Lebron leaves the Cavs as expected, they will become the NBA laughing stock they once were. 

Now that's a much better post, could have posted in that tone to begin with. Thanks for the history lesson, I am not familiar with Ohio bar Cleveland.

Just now, Blue said:

Now that's a much better post, could have posted in that tone to begin with. Thanks for the history lesson, I am not familiar with Ohio bar Cleveland.

Ha - and next time maybe you'll do a 5 second google search before posting incorrect information. 

My wife and her family are from Columbus (the Capital), so I spend quite a bit of time up there. Too cold for my liking. 

Archived