Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Bluebird Hewitt

Football League 2016/2017 - 3rd - 4th March

Championship

Friday 3rd March 2017 

Birmingham City v Leeds United

Saturday 4th March 2017 

Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic

Bristol City v Burton Albion

Derby County v Barnsley

Fulham v Preston North End

Ipswich Town v Brentford

Nottingham Forest v Brighton & Hove Albion

Queens Park Rangers v Cardiff City

Reading v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Rotherham United v Aston Villa

Sheffield Wednesday v Norwich City

Huddersfield Town v Newcastle United

League One

Saturday 4th March 2017 

Bolton Wanderers v AFC Wimbledon

Bradford City v Peterborough United

Bury v Gillingham

Millwall v Milton Keynes Dons

Northampton Town v Charlton Athletic

Oxford United v Bristol Rovers

Rochdale v Sheffield United

Scunthorpe United v Fleetwood Town

Shrewsbury Town v Coventry City

Southend United v Port Vale

Swindon Town v Chesterfield

Walsall v Oldham Athletic

League Two

Saturday 4th March 2017 

Accrington Stanley v Barnet

Blackpool v Morecambe

Cambridge United v Colchester United

Cheltenham Town v Mansfield Town

Crawley Town v Doncaster Rovers

Grimsby Town v Wycombe Wanderers

Hartlepool United v Exeter City

Newport County v Leyton Orient

Plymouth Argyle v Carlisle United

Portsmouth v Crewe Alexandra

Stevenage v Notts County

Yeovil Town v Luton Town

Leeds march on to try and cement a play off place following a 3-1 win against Birmingham.

As for us, I feel QPR is winnable but won't be easy.

Heading down to Bloomfield Road this afternoon to see Blackpool against Morecambe. I've been warned by a few folks that it usually kicks off but I'm sure we'll be fine, I'm rather excited to see what League Two football is like and see the transformation in the Blackpool team that played a few years ago in the Premier League and the team that walks out this afternoon. 

Hoping for a Tangerine win of course being in the home end but a game packed with goals is all I'm asking for. 4-4 would be the dream :D.

Gayle is back in the squad today. Hope he can get this injury shook off and get that top scorer record.

Blackpool 1-0 up at the moment (playing well too). Another half like the first and they'll have this. 

Brighton getting beat at forest at the minute and Sheffield Wednesday are 5-1 up against Norwich :o

Blackpool won in the end 3-1 following goals from Cullen, Potts and Osayi-Samuel. I have to admit I was worried at first as Morecambe started the game better, they looked more alert and were winning the second balls in the middle of the park which is vital at this level. Mark Cullen was the man to turn the game in favour of the Seasiders however by nodding home a Brad Potts cross in the 14th minute, beating Barry Roche at his far post. 

Once ahead Blackpool never looked back adding a second through Brad Potts as he finished off a devastating counter-attack (where Morecambe felt they were fouled) to make it 2-0 on 54 minutes. Substitute Bright Osayi-Samuel then burst down the left wing against tired legs and his cross-come-shot was deflected into the back of the net by one of the Morecambe lads - given that this happened in the 80th minute it all but confirmed that the three points would staying at Bloomfield. 

However, there was a scare of late drama as Anthony Harris (a substitute himself) blasted home after a goal-mouth scramble. Sadly for the neutral this is where the goals ended as the home side ran out 3-1 winners. 

I have to say from a personal view I've enjoyed my first experience with the Football League. We were sat in Row B so got to see the players up close and I enjoyed hearing what a few of them had to say (the Morecambe captain at one point turned to his manager in an attempt to get his young right-back taken off for under-performing) and the Morecambe staff themselves got into a minor altercation with the Blackpool fans in added time - I'll admit that the five minutes added on were a blur to me as I spent more time looking at the verbal insults between the Morecambe bench and the fans then what was happening on the field. 

As for Bloomfield Road it's a great little ground. Capable of holding 17,338 fans it was less than half full following protests against the Oyston group. There was a banner opposite my car when I parked up in protest against them and a few lads approached us with flyers asking that we didn't purchase drinks from the kiosk inside or visit the club shop (which I didn't out of respect for the Blackpool fans). I'll definitely be going back there once I've ticked off a few more local stadiums; Southport, Salford City, AFC Fylde, Fleetwood Town and Morecambe themselves jump out at the moment. 

We lost 2-1 in the end. Bit disappointing but it was never going to be easy.

Away to Blackburn next and they seem to have picked up under Mowbray.

Did not call Forest beating Brighton! Very unpredictable result.

Newcastle currently beating Huddersfield 2-0 away from home. Big result if it stays like that and means they would have beaten their nearest challengers in the space of a week.

huge win for Newcastle! Finished up 3-1 to the Geordies. Now 5 points clear of 2nd and 11 clear of Huddersfield in 3rd. 

11 games to go, 14 points away from 90, the number no one has ever not been automatically promoted with.

Won away to the other 2 top 3 teams and next we are away to 5th place on Tuesday.

Can beat anyone away. Almost got our club record away wins.