talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Josh Murphy to Cardiff

This has come from nowhere. Not a very Warnock type signing either and the rumoured fee of 10-11m is extortionate.

There is a player in there, but his decision making needs to improve, runs down too many blind alleys and shoots from stupidly far out too often. As with Jacob Murphy, I wish him all the best,. I think this is a good deal for the club though and getting close to 25m for the Murphy's is good business.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a lot more of a financial outlay I expected for Cardiff to be spending on a player. Im a fan of both Murphy's but I think he could benefit with more Championship football if he's just going to be a rotation option at Cardiff. That said, for Warnock to be investing this kind of money you imagine he will be an important part of his plans next season.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

That's a lot more of a financial outlay I expected for Cardiff to be spending on a player. Im a fan of both Murphy's but I think he could benefit with more Championship football if he's just going to be a rotation option at Cardiff. That said, for Warnock to be investing this kind of money you imagine he will be an important part of his plans next season.

I'd imagine it'll be Hoilett (if he signs a new contract) and Murphy on the wings with Mendez to come off the bench if necessary.

6 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'd imagine it'll be Hoilett (if he signs a new contract) and Murphy on the wings with Mendez to come off the bench if necessary.

I think that could work actually. They're all pretty similar players in terms of strengths. What other positions do you feel you need to improve on for next season?

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think that could work actually. They're all pretty similar players in terms of strengths. What other positions do you feel you need to improve on for next season?

Mainly need the following:

1. A goalie to challenge Etheridge, as Murphy and I think Wilson are out of contract so highly unlikely to have a new contract, while Camp was injured and didn't do much when on loan to Sunderland.

2. A right back, as Paterson was originally going to be the main right back until he got moved just behind Zohore, while Peltier will not be good enough and Manga will get raped if needing to play there. If Jazz gets back to fitness, I'd have him competing.

3. Two centre mids, mainly a creative and either box to box or defensive (dependent on Gunners signing a new contract). Ralls could shine in the prem but we need more creativity in the middle as a priority.

4. A striker as other than Zohore (another who could possibly shine) and Ward (has pace and can make a nuisance of himself), I'm not convinced on Madine, Pilkington and Healey, while none of our strikers I believe hit double figures (again). We basically need someone with that quality up front either alongside one of the above or alone.

Rather than create a new topic, I might as well add it in here.

We've made our second signing of the season with Greg Cunningham for around £3.5m - £4m. Admittedly, I wasn't expecting another left back as mentioned above, but it will provide competition for Bennett in that position and the fee is small so not a huge outlay.

On 6/13/2018 at 19:11, Harvsky said:

I think Jacob Murphy will be going on loan back down to the Championship. Maybe he can high five his twin on the way. One up one down.

If you guys dont want Jacob I'd have him here 100% looks like we might be losing Hoilett for some reason, and having the two twins together will surely improve them.

Ill personally give you £2.20 and ill buy my next load of Everlast pants from Sports Direct... Deal?

5 minutes ago, Paulh_85 said:

If you guys dont want Jacob I'd have him here 100% looks like we might be losing Hoilett for some reason, and having the two twins together will surely improve them.

Ill personally give you £2.20 and ill buy my next load of Everlast pants from Sports Direct... Deal?

You must also only ever use a Sports direct bag for life or the deal is off

On 13/06/2018 at 12:54, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Rather than create a new topic, I might as well add it in here.

We've made our second signing of the season with Greg Cunningham for around £3.5m - £4m. Admittedly, I wasn't expecting another left back as mentioned above, but it will provide competition for Bennett in that position and the fee is small so not a huge outlay.

Well, he's definitely a Neil Warnock type player. He's vocal, a calm figure, got captain experience, and is a player that Warnock can use to get his points across.

He has a bit about him in terms of ability for mid-to-low Championship clubs too, but this is a big step for him. I'm not really sure how he will cope with it.

I'm very surprised by the fee. I imagine this has been done quickly because the fee even surprised Preston a little. Warnock has the tendency to blow either real hot or real cold in the transfer market so I'm surprised in this day and age he's still being a given so much responsibility.

Archived