• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 2018/19 Match Chat

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, ...Dan said:

Monaco are enjoying themselves...it's been a while.

Yeah seems like they've finally settled under Henry and playing some free-flowing football. Granted I've only seen them fleetingly but if Fabregas can hit the ground running and dictate play for them then they'll only get better too.

• Administrator

I feel like Monaco have lost a bit of their rhythm and dominance for the last 15 minutes. They haven't been able to get out of their half. Fear they may have lost their chance at a winner with that Golovin chance as they've not done anything since that.

Yeah Monaco lost control in the 2nd half. Tielemans should have won it though.

It wasn't a complete performance but Henry will be happy with the positive signs. They will only improve from here when the new signings bed in properly and they have a striker available. Batshuayi's coming in on loan and I think he'll do very well.

Henry v Vieira today. I've been looking forward to this for a while. I found out about a ridiculous rule in Ligue 1 a few days ago though, if a match is postponed, you can't use any players that weren't at the club on the original match day in the rescheduled fixture. So that means no Fabregas, Naldo or Ballo Touré. Back to having no control in the midfield, and playing shit like Jemerson and Serrano in defence.

I feared Monaco would go back to being shit, having no ideas...but they played pretty well. They were against ten men for half of the match, and you could say they should win in that situation...but I'd say it's an improvement on their past performances. If they'd have lost this, the confidence gained from the last match would have been ruined. Day by day they're improving. Strasbourg on the weekend will be far from easy but I think they have a good chance of winning it with the new signings back, and it's been a while since we've been able to say that about Monaco.

Saint-Étienne took 3rd place from Lyon on wednesday thanks to a late Khazri winner and Lyon's disappointing draw against Toulouse, and this weekend's big match sees OL travel to the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard to face their rivals in the Rhône derby. It's always an interesting match, but this makes it even better.

On 16/01/2019 at 20:13, ...Dan said:

I feared Monaco would go back to being shit, having no ideas...but they played pretty well. They were against ten men for half of the match, and you could say they should win in that situation...but I'd say it's an improvement on their past performances. If they'd have lost this, the confidence gained from the last match would have been ruined. Day by day they're improving. Strasbourg on the weekend will be far from easy but I think they have a good chance of winning it with the new signings back, and it's been a while since we've been able to say that about Monaco.

Well there goes the confidence. Naldo sent off after 7 minutes and Monaco lose 4-1 at home against Strasbourg.

• Administrator

Oh wow, that's a humiliating home loss. What was the sending off for @...Dan

If I remember correctly, it's not the first time their whole game-plan has been ruined this season by an early sending off or some ill-discipline.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Oh wow, that's a humiliating home loss. What was the sending off for @...Dan

If I remember correctly, it's not the first time their whole game-plan has been ruined this season by an early sending off or some ill-discipline.

Naldo very slightly put his hands on the strikers back when he was last man, and of course the guy took the chance to go down. Was very harsh, but such an experienced player shouldn't be giving him the opportunity to go down.

They've looked a lot better with Naldo at the back too, more calmness and control in the team. Jemerson will be back in next match, and he's been awful. Was at fault for the goal conceded against Nice on wednesday.

Dijon away next in the league. They really need to win it.

• Administrator

St Etienne vs Lyon tonight. Always a fiery Derby. I remember a couple of seasons ago Lyon won this fixture 5-0 and caused all sorts of carnage in the stands. 

4 red cards in the last 5 meetings as well. 

3rd vs 4th. St Etienne bang in form though so expect them to come out on top. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived