talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 2018/19 Match Chat

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monaco fail to win again, despite taking the lead. The lead lasted five minutes and they ended up going behind in the 2nd half before Kamil Glik saved them with 12 minutes left. Finished Monaco 2-2 Dijon. I really thought today would be the day they finally got that win...but they were disappointing again.

They would've gone bottom if Strasbourg didn't get a late equaliser at Guingamp. As it stands they remain in 19th, four points from safety. 

OM v PSG in half an hour. Massive game in France.

Thauvin back for OM, who are playing with neither Mitroglu nor Germain. Several players missing for PSG including Thiago Silva and Cavani. Choupo Moting and Stanley N'Soki start.

The home team get the job done in the end...Mbappé putting them in front in the 70th and Neymar putting it beyond doubt with the help of a deflection with five minutes to go. LOSC have played well but they never really stood a chance at the Parc des Princes.

I'm getting bored of saying this...but Monaco lose again. This time at Reims. They were 1-0 down at half time, five minutes into the 2nd half Reims went down to ten men, which you would think would be a golden opportunity for Monaco to end this run...but no. Their man advantage lasted 20 minutes, and they barely threatened to score. Finished 1-0.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Did you watch it @...Dan

Have Monaco looked any better under Henry?

Some of it yeah, on the bet365 player.

I'd say they've shown glimpses of improvement. Some of their players are massively underperforming/shit though. The likes of Tielemens and Chadli who you'd think would make the difference have been anonymous. We all thought Tielemens would be a great signing, but Monaco fans hate him. Jardim didn't want to drop certain players but Henry took off Tielemens at half time today, and ai wouldn't be surprised if he was dropped.

You can see the way Henry wants them to play, the fans appreciate the changes he's made, but the players aren't good enough. Hopefully Rony Lopes' return will change things. I expect there to be a lot of transfer activity in January.

• Administrator

It’s been fucking abysmal. Where is the creativity? Where is the fight? I can’t see how Garcia can hold onto this job beyond there not being a suitable alternative willing. I don’t even know who I’d want at this time, we can’t afford Conte - Who wouldn’t be interested anyway - and we certainly can’t compete in the transfer market to even support such an appointment. It’s fucking infuriating. 

3 hours ago, Batard said:

It’s been fucking abysmal. Where is the creativity? Where is the fight? I can’t see how Garcia can hold onto this job beyond there not being a suitable alternative willing. I don’t even know who I’d want at this time, we can’t afford Conte - Who wouldn’t be interested anyway - and we certainly can’t compete in the transfer market to even support such an appointment. It’s fucking infuriating. 

Galtier?

• Subscriber
On 03/11/2018 at 21:16, The Palace Fan said:

Mental 

Wouldn't call it mental, it's fully expected when you look at the rest of the league. 

I also struggle to accept that Ligue 1 counts as part of the top 5 leagues. It is the fifth best league no doubt but absolutely miles behind the other four. Historically it might be one of an elite five but I'm not having that in any kind of modern perspective. Apart from PSG the French clubs have similar continental performances to teams from the Portuguese and Dutch leagues which themselves are performing way below their historical trend, and even PSG tend to get put in their place as soon as they come up against any of the teams from the real top four leagues.

What City, Liverpool and Chelsea have achieved in being unbeaten in eleven in the English league is more noteworthy. Same with Juventus and Dortmund in competitive leagues.

I know that's not your statistic by the way but I'm quoting you to dispute it.

• Administrator
18 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Galtier?

Not for me. Too big a job for him. Popular choice obviously but I’m not a fan of former players managing their home town clubs. Far too much pressure to succeed. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived