talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marley Watkins Joins Bristol City from Norwich City for £1m

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was honestly fucking awful, I can’t believe anyone has paid money for him. I don’t think he scored. I never actually worked out what position he plays, is he a winger or a striker? Or neither? He was so bad.

When we signed him I was very happy on a free but he was so bad. There must be a player in there somewhere because he did well at Barnsley, but judging him on the time I saw him play for us.. fucking awful.

Forget getting good fees for Murphy and Maddison, this is the business of the summer.

48 minutes ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

We're looking at getting another right-winger anyway (Adelakun from Scunthorpe) and we have O'dowda so it's not a big deal if he flops anyway.

He started his career with us Adelakun. A popular lad amongst the academy players but he wasn't one of the better players in the team and came with a lot of baggage off the pitch. I can't remember what he got in trouble for with the authorities, I think it was match fixing, either way I'm very surprised to see he's forged such a good career for himself.

17 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

He started his career with us Adelakun. A popular lad amongst the academy players but he wasn't one of the better players in the team and came with a lot of baggage off the pitch. I can't remember what he got in trouble for with the authorities, I think it was match fixing, either way I'm very surprised to see he's forged such a good career for himself.

Scunny fans seem to reckon he's matured now. Apparently is still quite inconsistent at L1 level 

Also think it was his brother who was under investigation for Match fixing, but he definitely had attitude issues in the past

18 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think you’re thinking of Hakeeb’s (the Scunny player) brother Hakeem. Hakeem was acquitted for match fixing whilst at Whitehawk. Hakeeb has only ever played first-team football for Scunthorpe and wasn’t part of the match-fixing trial. 

8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I think you’re thinking of Hakeeb’s (the Scunny player) brother Hakeem. Hakeem was acquitted for match fixing whilst at Whitehawk. Hakeeb has only ever played first-team football for Scunthorpe and wasn’t part of the match-fixing trial. 

Yes that'll be the one. Didn't realise there was two of them. Pretty unimaginative names from the parents.

Archived