talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netherlands 2-1 Perú - Thursday 6th September

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Netherlands have been much better in this second half, where as we've only been worse.

Calcaterra coming in, this just got heaps more interesting!

Our worst performance since the end of the 4 fantasticos era

Lots of changes needed to be made.

- Trauco while he's a backup in Brazil, cannot be starting as he's an avenue in defence. Everyone passes by him. Sadly, Loyola isn't a solution.

- Costa in 2019 when he's eligible has to be given a chance. Carrillo is only going to get worse while at Al Hilal.

- CB pairing has to be Araujo and Santamaria. Ramos' time with the NT is done.

- Give Calcaterra a chance as a 10 for Cueva in the Germany game.

- Yoshimar Yotun has been in bad form for a long time. Time to give someone else a chance? Even Trauco in the center of the park could be a shout.

Advincula the only player with a performance anywhere near decent today.

I am not to bothered about this game as the nature of the game was like a testimonial to the Dutch team as it the final game for Sneijder.  Only worrying thing was how bad Daley Blind played, he made several mistakes which let in Peru a few times plus he was at fault for the goal.  Apart from Blind mistakes, Peru didn't do much at all, they were very poor, fouled a lot and even their keeper got booked for time wasting only after 30 minutes.   Second half was much better when Sneijder came off, Frenkie de Jong opened the Peru defence up as did Promes when he came on. 

43 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I am not to bothered about this game as the nature of the game was like a testimonial to the Dutch team as it the final game for Sneijder.  Only worrying thing was how bad Daley Blind played, he made several mistakes which let in Peru a few times plus he was at fault for the goal.  Apart from Blind mistakes, Peru didn't do much at all, they were very poor, fouled a lot and even their keeper got booked for time wasting only after 30 minutes.   Second half was much better when Sneijder came off, Frenkie de Jong opened the Peru defence up as did Promes when he came on. 

I agree with this analysis. That first half we took advantage of how poor you were, second half it was the other way around. Except we were worse in the second than you ever were in the first.

On another note, did anyone see Memphis Depay's comments on Farfan? How he remembers giving the ball to Farfan as a ball boy when he was at PSV? Fascinating.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

On another note, did anyone see Memphis Depay's comments on Farfan? How he remembers giving the ball to Farfan as a ball boy when he was at PSV? Fascinating.

Farfan was very good in the late naughties. It was a shame he never moved to the Premier League when he had the chance as the league weakened and his frailties got exposed.

21 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Farfan was very good in the late naughties. It was a shame he never moved to the Premier League when he had the chance as the league weakened and his frailties got exposed.

I think the World missed out on a good chance back in 2010 to see the best Peruvian forward line in history. Known as the "cuatro fantásticos".

Farfan, Juan Vargas, Guerrero and Pizarro up front in its prime was a completely world class forward line. All 4 players were outstanding in their prime. The problems were though that Farfan and Pizarro were ill disciplined and got kicked off the team for a time as a result, there were also problems with the FA. In the end, the 2010 was full of terrible players as a result and we finished bottom in qualifying. Shame as that team had huge potential to be something better than it was.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I think the World missed out on a good chance back in 2010 to see the best Peruvian forward line in history. Known as the "cuatro fantásticos".

Farfan, Juan Vargas, Guerrero and Pizarro up front in its prime was a completely world class forward line. All 4 players were outstanding in their prime. The problems were though that Farfan and Pizarro were ill disciplined and got kicked off the team for a time as a result, there were also problems with the FA. In the end, the 2010 was full of terrible players as a result and we finished bottom in qualifying. Shame as that team had huge potential to be something better than it was.

The world didn't miss out mate. Peru did.

Pizzaro made the jump because Mourinho was forced to look at free agents because Abramovich wouldn't fund him and he got found out. Farfan had his chance to jump to the PL after he ruined Juande Ramos in the UEFA Cup, Vargas had his chance to jump when he shone in Serie A, Guerreuo had his chance to jump when he shone in a very weak Bayern team. The Cristiano Ronaldo move from Manchester United to Real Madrid was there chance to jump to The Premier League when the momentum shifted but attentuon was still in England. They didn't do it.

The world didn't miss out, Peru as a nation did.

Pizarro played for Bayern mate, that's better than playing for Chelsea. And I'm satisfied with Farfan and Vargas' careers in Europe. They were very good. Only player I wish peaked at the right time was Guerrero.

When I say "the World" missed out on the cuatro fantasticos, it's a very patriotic comment. Nothing wrong with it. It's like saying the world has missed Gareth Bale or George Weah in the World Cup. I'm talking about the players and not the team.

The team in 2010 those 4 aside was wank. Same with Liberia and Wales.

44 minutes ago, Blue said:

Pizarro played for Bayern mate, that's better than playing for Chelsea. And I'm satisfied with Farfan and Vargas' careers in Europe. They were very good. Only player I wish peaked at the right time was Guerrero.

Bayern in the mid naughties didn't even touch the sides of Jose Mourinho's first Chelsea team.

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pizzaro never really had a chance tbf, especially when we purchased bottle job Anelka 

Anelka and Malouda were both underrated in your double winning season of 2010. Pizzaro was no use to Chelsea throughout his stay at all. 

I can't tell if TPF is on the wind up or not. How can you use clubs to determine a players ability? I've critiqued the Bundesliga before and I stand by everything I said about them, but it is a high enough standard.

Those 4 players I mentioned, were excellent. By this logic, Ibrahimovic wasn't world class until he joined United.

Archived