• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Josh Sergeant, missing in action

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, UK Grun Weiss said:

Anyone know why Sergeant hasn't featured in the first team squad? When you consider that Kruse doesn't score goals anymore then it must be time to try someone else.

Lebenslang Grun Weiss💚

The idea is not to rush him in, let him play regularly for U23 and develop further. Everyone knows that Sargent's very talented, and I'm sure he'll get some playing time for the first team this season. The main problem is the overload of attacking players in the squad at the moment and the fact that Kohfeldt's tactics doesn't really use a striker type like him (or Johannes Eggestein).

• Subscriber
Just now, UK Grun Weiss said:

Kohfeldt needs to drop Kruse. Bremen have enough non goal scoring forwards, Johannsen being second only to Kruse. 

Not going to happen, especially not two matches into the season haha. We do indeed lack presence in the box though, and we really need a proper striker instead of someone who constantly drops into midfield. 

Johannsson's is plagued by injuries...  I don't see any future in the club for him, he's in last year of his contract and he'll be lucky to find a club in one of the top leagues in Europe. Unlucky how his career went.

On 03/09/2018 at 17:04, nudge said:

Not going to happen, especially not two matches into the season haha. We do indeed lack presence in the box though, and we really need a proper striker instead of someone who constantly drops into midfield. 

Johannsson's is plagued by injuries...  I don't see any future in the club for him, he's in last year of his contract and he'll be lucky to find a club in one of the top leagues in Europe. Unlucky how his career went.

Sigh, it really is. Honestly really wanted him to do well for you guys.

Archived