talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Schalke Madness Over - David Wagner to Take Over

• The title was changed to Schalke Madness Over - David Wagner to Take Over
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Tommy and nudge for your kind words!

I have always tried to see the positive side of the efforts of your chosen gangs and now, when my January info becomes a reality you seem to have decided in advance that DW will  not be given the sort of responsibility he had at the start of his Huddersfield career and similar to that which Kloppy gave him with the kids at BVB. If Peters and gang keep out of the way and let him do what he does best, next season can only be an improvement on 2018/19 which, at the moment, is all we ask. A growing strength of play in Bremen - continued improvement in Fortuna and a strong 04 could give a rebuilding Munich set a real challenge.  We should all be positive and hope for better things, but thanks for at least noticing the news:banana:

A strong Schalke would be good for the Bundesliga and the competition, but I can't see it happening with the constant chaos happening around the club. The problem starts with Tönnies, who constantly blames other people to cover up his cluelessness. As long as he is in charge, Schalke won't have the stability they need, in my opinion. 

Just another thing to ponder upon.

Barca are having a sale this summer!  the former Seville and Croatia Captain who has been at Barca for five years and has numerous medals is a possible candidate for a move.  His formative period before Spain was with us and if he were asked he just might consider returning as Captain of 04 under DW. Taking the spot held (sometimes) by Bentaleb would be unbelievably beautiful!

My guy in your area tells me KA is very happy with you and has no intention of coming back 'ever' to the folks who 'let him down and rejected him'.  He occasionally visits Berger Feld but that's about it!

26 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Just another thing to ponder upon.

Barca are having a sale this summer!  the former Seville and Croatia Captain who has been at Barca for five years and has numerous medals is a possible candidate for a move.  His formative period before Spain was with us and if he were asked he just might consider returning as Captain of 04 under DW. Taking the spot held (sometimes) by Bentaleb would be unbelievably beautiful!

He came to Schalke at the age of 19 his formative years have been with Basel.

His youth was in Switzerland and when he came to us he was still keen on being with the younger members - getting his English sorted and becoming a young man.  Even time spent in Konak was a learning curve and there are still many friends who would welcome him back with wide wide open arms.  Leaving Spain would be difficult for Raquel and the two girls, but she has always been totally supportive so it could still be an option.

I've just let our friend in Munich know that if Rafinha wants to be useful next season we have just the space for him to look after out young defenders in the Academy - the present old ones are hopefully on their way out! He and Gerald used to be good pals and it would be great to see them working together again.

Archived