Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Eco

2019 MLS Golden Boot Watch

@Eco dont you agree that overall, Vela is the best player of the league? 

37 minutes ago, José said:

@Eco dont you agree that overall, Vela is the best player of the league? 

I think Ibra or Josef are better finishers. 

I think Vela is easily the best overall player in the league. Yes, he has the most goals, but he's surrounded with a ton of talent which helps. What Vela does better than most is create chances. Clear cut MVP for me, and might have another year or two left before he starts looking for a move back to Europe. 

I fucking love Vela. 

Christ, he's 30?!? for some reason I was thinking mid-20;s...

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Christ, he's 30?!? for some reason I was thinking mid-20;s...

Hate when that happens. When you think a player hasn't aged as much as they actually have. Walcott celebrated his 30th recently. I still remember him getting called up to England squad at 16 :/ 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Hate when that happens. When you think a player hasn't aged as much as they actually have. Walcott celebrated his 30th recently. I still remember him getting called up to England squad at 16 :/ 

Lingard is another who I thought was younger than he actually is.

The worst example of a player who feels he's been around forever though is Freddy Adu. He's only 29 and feels like he's been playing since I was born xD

4 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Lingard is another who I thought was younger than he actually is.

The worst example of a player who feels he's been around forever though is Freddy Adu. He's only 29 and feels like he's been playing since I was born xD

Yeah Adu has been around FOREVER, and I actually had his jersey when he was at DC United. Have no idea whatever happened to it. 

Freddy Adu is still around? Remember when he was supposed to be the American Pele? xDxDxD

Vela's the best player in the league, I hope he wins the golden boot.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Freddy Adu is still around? Remember when he was supposed to be the American Pele? xDxDxD

Vela's the best player in the league, I hope he wins the golden boot.

Yeah - he's on the Tampa Bay Rowdies, and old NASL club. 

If you remember when I was a season ticket holder for the Atlanta Silverbacks (way before ATL UTD)...well Tampa was their rival. 

Vela scored again last night, meaning he's now at 13 goals this season. 

Just now, José said:

MVP! MVP 

TBF, how the fuck do you not mark Vela? 

Jesus Dallas i awful. 

He's unlucky because I think one of his best shots of the night struck the crossbar, could have had 2 to pull farther ahead.

1756884881_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.73375f8299c9bdc0131f5a9a94a18792.png

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: LA Galaxy striker banned for grabbing keeper by neck

LA Galaxy striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been banned for two games after grabbing an opposition goalkeeper by the neck.

Former Sweden forward Ibrahimovic, 37, and New York City goalkeeper Sean Johnson were both booked after wrestling each other to the floor during the incident last Saturday.

Major League Soccer announced on Friday it was punishing Ibrahimovic for "violent conduct".

New York City won the game 2-0.

The incident took place in the 86th minute with both of New York's goals coming in the first half.

"Zlatan is a talented player - he obviously knows what he is doing. He is a clever boy and you know, it is a part of the game," Johnson said after the match.

"I would be frustrated if I were him too, you know. Can't blame him for his frustration at that point in the game."

It is not the first time this month former Manchester United player Ibrahimovic has faced retrospective action, having been fined for diving during Galaxy's defeat by Columbus Crew on 9 May.

He was also accused of threatening to hurt Real Salt Lake defender Nedum Onuoha, who said a lot of people were "scared" of Ibrahimovic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48319620

Ibra is suspended for his actions against Sean Johnson, and Vela scores again. 

This race might be over next month. 

It's been over. My boy Vela will take it. 

5 minutes ago, José said:

It's been over. My boy Vela will take it. 

I just pray he doesn't get injured. That's the only thing that will stop him this year.