talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

D-Day Tribute

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Controversial but as someone whose grandfather fought the Japanese in Burma for the Allied forces i feel no sense of pride or honor with a war that had nothing to do with my people, if it was the Japanese who would have colonized this part of the world than it would have been the same but we would have fought on the opposite side yet our resources and man power being ripped off by the colonizers and being dragged into a war that is not ours to win or lose.  

3 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Controversial but as someone whose grandfather fought the Japanese in Burma for the Allied forces i feel no sense of pride or honor with a war that had nothing to do with my people, if it was the Japanese who would have colonized this part of the world than it would have been the same but we would have fought on the opposite side yet our resources and man power being ripped off by the colonizers and being dragged into a war that is not ours to win or lose.  

Do you honestly think Nazi Germany would have stropped colonizing east, and together with Japan would have been happy leaving your country alone? 

Thanks to people like your grandfather, you'll never have to find out. 

• Subscriber

War is evil and will never end so I will remember as will my wife Uncles we both lost during WWI & WW2 but they fought and died fighting an evil that wanted to rule the world with barbaric methods.    

Lest we Forget and always Remember

61seWrndibL._SX569_.jpg

d-day-veteran-4-gallery_orig.jpg

9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Do you honestly think Nazi Germany would have stropped colonizing east, and together with Japan would have been happy leaving your country alone? 

Thanks to people like your grandfather, you'll never have to find out. 

I already mentioned that ' if Japan would have colonized us... ' 

British did horrible things here and don't think the Japanese could have been any worse its like choosing the lesser evil.

At the end it was not a war ours to win or lose. 

3 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Death Toll - 1,600 max

Nanjing Massacre's Death Toll 50,000-300,000

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Aye let's start a needless controversial debate in a thread that is only meant for rememberance. 

Bravo 

Sorry if you're offended, but I rather find Azeem's comment rather disrespectful. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Death Toll - 1,600 max

Nanjing Massacre's Death Toll 50,000-300,000

Sorry if you're offended, but I rather find Azeem's comment rather disrespectful. 

I've only said for my personal point of view for the people who were colonized not for everyone one else.

• Subscriber

Back on topic, please. :ay:

The Shores of Normandy - Jim Radford (D-Day 70 Years On)

A veteran of the Normandy invasion, Jim Radford sings his own composition in remembrance of his crewmates and the thousands more who died on D-Day.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Pretty cool story here in the States. 

A 97 year old veteran jumped into Normandy yesterday, 75 years after he did it the fist time. 

https://5newsonline.com/2019/06/05/97-year-old-veteran-jumps-into-normandy-75-years-after-d-day/

That link is not showing here @Eco but I think you mean this one. :ay:

1199728579_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.c5293d24837eafc3652d4c15ab63be14.png

97-year-old remembers D-Day with 'perfect' jump

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.png.cd099adbfdb0c946ff1ab1cb662f3035.png

A U.S. veteran paratrooper who made the dangerous jump into Normandy ahead of the seaborne invasion 75-years ago remembered the historic day with a tandem jump that he called a "perfect, perfect jump." (June 5)

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Eco said:

Saw this - and while I'm not 100% sure of it's accuracy, it's still crazy to imagine. This was what it took to make D-Day Successful. 

d-day-graphic1.png

I would imagine that would be about right, more detail on the landing you can find here...

D-Day Landing 

Archived